SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19697693

Do these custom vanity proportions look right?

User
11 years ago

We've been working with our kitchen and bath designer and I'm concerned whether everything is in balance on our guest room vanity. If you have good spatial abilities, could you look this over? I have a lot of questions, but I'll be happy if you can tackle any one of them! Thank you!

My thoughts so far:

1.) The sink base will be 28 or 30". The drawer cabinet is ~15" wide. I'm not sure if the proportion is right between the sink base and drawers. The hutch plays into this too. See #2.

2.) Whatever width I make the drawers, I need to do the same to the counter hutch. Is 15" too wide for a counter hutch? Is 12" better? The hutch will be mirrored and can be recessed into the wall. I don't want the hutch to overpower, and he's probably drawn it too tall.

3.) I want to optimize counter space. I can recess an 11" hutch cabinet into the wall and have a few inches sit on the counter. The question is how many inches? I think somewhere between 6 and 8".

4.) I'm undecided on the drawer division, but the bottom drawers are 8". That's fixed since it's my towel storage. The three drawers above those are 6,6,and 8. Does the 8" work with the sixes? Note I have a trim piece between the two eights.

5.) I'm not sure about the mirror design yet. It's drawn with a wide top frame to install a light fixture right into the frame, but I need to get some expert advice about lighting this room anyway. There's no window and no other light source. The mirrored hutch will need light too.

I'm going to post an inspiration photo of a recessed mirrored hutch and a similar vanity next. Thank you!

Comments (14)