SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_9268002

replacing toilet- are all toilets the same size for the floor??

User
11 years ago

We have previously remodeled 2 full bathrooms upstairs, where we pretty much replaced everything and kept the footprint the same. (but this did include replacing flooring and everything)
My question is regarding the full bath we have in a rarely used guest room off the kitchen. It needs some serious updating, but I do not want to replace the floor and wall tiles if possible. I want to replace the toilet for starters. At first I figured this was a simple thing, and I certainly hope so -- but my question is- are toilets somewhat standard in the floor space? I mean, when we remove the existing toilet and replace will it fit in the same spot or will we have to rethink floooring. I would also like to replace countertop with a ready made one I 've seen at HD for $199 it is black granite and includes a sink. The vanity is 48", and I would also like to replace the faucets in the tub area and sink.......but if the toilet thing mandates a new floor--- I need to re think it all. The floor tiles, toilet, and tub are all gray. I would like to bring in a white toilet and white sink, leaving the gray tub and floor and wall....thoughts?
Thank you

Comments (12)