SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saphireny

Anyone use Mill Creek Flooring in the Basement

saphire
15 years ago

http://www.totalbasementfinishing.com/basement-finishing/basement-floors/basement-wood-floor.php

Although I hate anything that is marketed so you have to put in your name and they find you a local contractor

DH desperately wants carpeting, I would prefer flooring. Our basement has some very minor seepage issues or did 5 years ago. Our basement is also waterproofed with a pump that we have only had to use when the washer overflowed. DH spread the epoxy garage stuff with the flakes. Did not help completely and it peeled in some places but it is generally ok, not as dry as the first floor in my opinon, but not his. Will have to hold up to many kids and possibly a large dog

Is there a special vapor barrier you can put on a painted concrete basement floor under carpeting? Is there a better inexpensive wood look alternative for lets say less than 2.50-3 a square ft in the suburbs outside a big city?

I honestly do not care what we put down, carpet, carpet tile, vinyl that looks like wood or laminate that looks like wood, as long as it does not smell or get moldy and is inexpensive to have installed or really really easy to install yourself

Thank you for any ideas

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz