SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
menace_gw

Gas Grills, Why pay lot?

Menace
22 years ago

I'm reading at lot about gas grills on here and finding it kind if intrusting. Weber, Sunbeam, Members Mark..ect, do you really think one cooks that much better than the other. My thinking the more stuff they stick on these grills the more you might as well cook in doors. Gas grills already take so much away from the traditional charcoal cooking in flavor that if it wasn't for the convince & cleanup I would never have stopped using my Weber kettle grill which is still fine after 20 years. My sunbeam cooks as well as the Weber gas grills IÂve used and is bigger pulse cost $300 less. When it come to using a Rotisserie my thinking the heat is better from the bottom than an extra heat element focused on the meat from the back because the hot temps is under the meat while the warmer air is above, I donÂt see rear heat elements doing this. Kind of, like putting a rotisserie in a convection oven with the same Temperature air moving around the spinning meat, while bother turning the meat when the air is doing it already. Rear heating element might cook faster but I bet it dries the meat out faster preventing the natural juices from swirling around in side like they are supposed to because of the cool/hot air heat zones combo they lack. My grates are Porcelain coated along with the burner and I clean them off each year, the burner is still fine after three years and I find it pretty sad when cast iron grates rust away which donÂt sit in water. Stainless steel or cast Aluminum housing both should last about the same time because neither rusts. I remember with the old hibachi cast iron grill that if water hit them while they were hot would mostly cause them to crack, and cast iron holds bacteria thatÂs why cookware is mostly stainless steal now. To me the biggest improvements in gas grills and only ones needed were grease guards protecting the burners like Weber flavor bars which are not prefect & sunbeam heat blocks which both replace Lava rocks. Also none stick grills like my porcelain coated one which I think are stainless steel underneath, Cast Iron concerns me for the reason s I said above. When I see Weber grills going over 2 thousand dollars I laugh because as long as the grill makes heat they all cook the same.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!