SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_6061818

Electrolux Icon oven owners, temperature help, please

User
16 years ago

I have a brand new Icon oven that I have spent time on an issue with the doors coming dusty and stained and with the holidays and all didn't pay much attention to the cooking in it.

Well, now that I have used it a couple of times I realized that it didn't seem like it was heating up to selected temp. Because I have the opposite problem in my fridge or should i say the same problem? :Tested it out the other night and the thing is incredibly way off.

Today I raised it the allowed 35 degrees and then set the oven to 350; when the oven dinked that it was ready the temp was only 250!! So I decided to set the timer for 20 minutes to see if there would be any changes. And sure enough it was at 350. Left it for another 15 to see if it would change but it did not.

Does or has anyone had this same issue?

My concern is the new length of time to preheat the oven; 35 mins seems to be a little over the top, let alone all the extra energy I will be paying for.

Another concern is will it heat up enough for the clean cycle?

As I said I had issues with the condition of the glass panes upon delivery and that is still not rectified and now this....I'm getting ready to request a new oven but if this is the norm a new oven will not do diddly for me.

Your experiences will help me make a decision on what I should do and are very appreciated!!!!

Comments (6)