SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jen5276

Loud Stereo from downstairs neighbor

jen5276
18 years ago

Hey everyone,

I had a slight problem with my downstairs neighbor the other day. She was playing her stereo VERY loudly (this is the second time this happened since I moved in about 2 months ago). I think she has surround sound which makes it even worse. I live above her. The first time it happened I just ignored it, but it bothered me nonetheless. Both times this happened it was in the afternoon, around 3-4 pm.

Well, the second time it happened (which was a few days ago) I knocked on her door - which she couldnÂt even hear because the music was so loud  I had to wait until there was a break in the music. When she came to the door I politely asked if she could turn it down a little, and she was nice about it, she said "Oh, sure, no problem."

My question to you guys is, what is considered reasonable noise? Her stereo was so loud that I could feel my floor vibrating and had to turn my TVÂs volume up. She was belting along to the music thinking she was Mariah Carey (Ironically, thatÂs the music she had on! LOL) I realize it was the middle of the day, but I am entitled to peace and quiet, right? And also, if it happens again, should I complain to the landlord? The landlord lives off the premises, we live in a two family house.

My boyfriend (who lives with me) tells me I am overly sensitive to noise, but I donÂt feel that way. I am always very considerate of everyone around me, and would never dream of blasting my TV or radio at the level she had it. Maybe if I lived in my own home, but not when you have to share a living space with other people. In my opinion, itÂs just not right.

All in all, her and her boyfriend seem very nice, but I think they are several years younger than me and just oblivious to all that is around themÂ

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996