SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kweenie97

Can't take it any more!!!

kweenie97
18 years ago

Alright, I've posted before about the noise our upstairs neighbor makes but now I'm just fed up with it. I know she's received several warning letters from management, the resident manager has spoken to her, and now my husband and I both have gone up and spoken to her twice in the last week. We hear loud conversations, screeching, and heavy footsteps all day and all night. Friday night started with the yelling, followed by hearing the high heeled boots for an hour, and finally the stereo blasting from about 10pm-midnight. I called our resident manager and got no answer so I ended up calling the cops. I don't know if they ever showed up though or if the neighbor and her group of friends finally left to go out on their own. But she was back at 4am and woke us up again. Saturday night was more of the same and after the resident manager didn't answer the phone again, I finally went up there and explained to her that we were really having a problem with the noise that her pacing around in shoes on the hardwood floor in her bedroom made and the boots that she was wearing at the time were especially loud. She said that she knew it was loud but that it was the building. I said I understood the building played a part in it but that when she wore those boots especially that she might as well be taking a hammer to our ceiling. Her response was that she would try.

Thankfully we didn't hear from her again that night but yesterday we had more of the same and last night we could hear her pacing with shoes on in her bedroom above our's starting at about 10:30pm. I took a Tylenol PM to get to sleep and ended up being woken up again at 2:30am by her still pacing. My poor husband finally had to get up at 1am and go sleep on the couch because he said she never stopped after I fell asleep and he had to get up at 6am this morning. And yes, we do sleep with a fan on and it doesn't do a bit to drown out the noise.

I don't understand what the problem is here. Is it too much to ask someone not to wear shoes in their bedroom when it creates this much noise to the person below? Is it too much to ask someone to use an "indoor" voice when your neighbors can hear your conversation over the TV? I'm really getting the impression that this girl just does not care. I'm going nuts here...does anyone have any suggestions? I can't even remember the last time I slept through the night because of this....

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio
More Discussions