SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisy_bee

Neighbors from hell!!!

daisy_bee
11 years ago

I am living above the neighbors from hell. The stomping, running, banging, and slamming is relentless. I've tried to ignore it but it's impossible to ignore anymore. To make matters worse, the noise is CONSTANT. From sun up to sun down, banging, stomping, running, thumping, you name it. Even though they live below me, I can still hear and feel vibrations from all of the pounding. If I come home from work early, there's pounding, stomping, running, and slamming. If I have a day off work, there's pounding, stomping, running, and slamming. It goes on 7 days a week and practically 24 hours a day. I just don't understand. I've never heard anything so irritating in all my life, and I'm a pretty calm person normally. I've lived in several apartments before moving here but these neighbors take the cake. Perhaps if it wasn't constant it would be easier to deal with but it seems like they are doing heavy construction to the floors and walls every day from dawn 'til dusk.

At times I turn my tv up or wear headphones to block out the noise but to my dismay, I can STILL hear them! Not only can I hear them, I can feel the floor vibrating from all the pounding and banging. No room is safe. I can't even escape the noise in the the shower. When I'm in there, I can hear them presumably in their bathroom tearing up the place. They start slamming every drawer so hard it can be felt though the bathroom floor. When I say slam I mean practically knocking the cabinets off the walls with the force. When they slam anything, it's not just once but several times. Like "Oh, I better slam it again to make sure it's closed. Oh, and one more time for good measure. Oh OK, one more time because third time is the charm. But wait! That last slam didn't close it enough so one more time for the road." In the bedroom, I can hear and feel them stomping around and more slamming of drawers and doors. They literally slam 6 or 7 times before they stop. Maybe it's OCD or maybe they're just mentally disturbed. Maybe they have some sort of insect problem and they are trying to squash bugs as they close draws and doors. Even in the kitchen, the same stomping and banging around and then the sound of them opening and slamming their sliding door 6 or 7 times repeatedly. Sounds like they have real issues. I think I would be able to live with the nuisance of hearing occasional slamming or banging but when someone does it back to back repeatedly, you have to wonder what the hell is going on. The noise continues after contacting them directly and writing to the rental agency several times.

As a second-floor apartment dweller, I can attest that you CAN learn to walk lightly and not slam everything because it can sound like a ton of falling bricks to neighbors. I've developed a nice, light walk and I don't run in my apartment (not that I'd need to - nothing's far to get to). To date, I've never once had a noise complaint against me. I know they can control their movements, but they refuse to even after receiving several warnings. Shockingly, the noise has gotten worse. At this point, we think it must be deliberate because why else would someone get noisier after receiving complaints and warnings? They are clearly in breach of the rental agreement and my right to peaceful enjoyment of my apartment.

I have no problem with hearing people's tv's, their conversations, shower's running, dishwashers, or air conditioners. I just cannot bear this incessant sound of banging, slamming, pounding, stomping, and running so loudly it makes whatever room I'm standing in shake. As soon as I get home from work, I know what I'm in for.

I just don't understand why people are so inconsiderate. It's common sense that you should try to keep noise to a minimum when you have to share walls and floors with other tenants. Common noises are understandable but carrying on as if they are in a gymnasium, playground, or park is ridiculous. I hope this issue gets resolved as soon as possible because I'm at my wits end with these neighbors from hell.

Comments (3)

Sponsored