SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
love_the_yard

Genuine 1840s Renaissance Antique Dining Room Set

This item is posted on Craigslist and I've been wondering if it could even possibly be authentic. Don't get me wrong: for 35Gs, I'm not in the market. I'm just curious. The seller says the "rare museum quality set is in perfect original condition". But even my own family who, believe me, tries very hard, can't seem to keep furniture in "perfect original condition" due to children, pets and inevitable moves. Could this really be 168 years old? Or is it a cheesy reproduction? The only place I've ever seen anything like this is in a castle. Seriously. How the heck did it get in Tampa?!

Oh yeah, it also has a few of those funny craigslist faux pas.

I copied the original ad and photos in case the listing gets deleted but the link to the original listing is below.

======================================================

Antique -THE REAL DEAL-1840's MASSIVE 15 Piece Dinning Room Set (tampa area)

Folks here is a Genuine 1840's Renaissance Antique Dining Room Set - King Cathederal Walnut and Marble Sideboard 10 Foot Tall - Queens Cathederal Walnut and Marble Sideboard 8 Foot Tall - 12 Genuine Griffin Seats Hand Tooled Leather Chairs - Solid Walnut Finely Carved Dining Table w/NO EXPANDABLE LEAFS.

Exceptional Large carved with precise detail fifteen piece walnut dining set with lady and man heads, cupids, corn of copia, horned heads, floral carving and so much more detail.

The 12 chairs all are tooled leather with griffin seat, lion shield back, floral, garland and ribbon, corn of copia with fruit and fine decoration. Photos do not do this justice.

Dimensions: Table: 30" H x 62" L x 55" W Chairs: 39 1/2" H x 18" W x 19" D Sideboard: 116 1/4" H x 77" W x 26 1/2" D Server: 85 3/4" H x 57" W x 193/4" D

Rare Museum Quality Set is in Perfect Original Condition - True Authenticity - 160 Years Old - The Best Anywhere in the World!

Sold as a CompleteSetOnly...$35,000.00 or BestOffer!!!

{{gwi:1381081}}

{{gwi:1381083}}

{{gwi:1381084}}

{{gwi:1381085}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Craigslist: Genuine 1840s Renaissance Antique Dining Room Set

Comments (13)