SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ericrob_gw

27' Double Wall Oven Choices

ericrob
15 years ago

Hello, I have searched and reviewed with interest the postings about wall ovens. I'm currently in the market to replace a Jenn Aire Wall Oven + Microwave Oven and am interested in current options. I am looking for the type with the combination convection/microwave on top and convection on the bottom.

I only have 27" of cabinet width to work with, so my options seem to be somewhat limited. Also, I don't have 60" vertical unless I hack cabinetry to push a triple combo Thermador in.

What choices do I have besides the KitchenAid Architect II KEMS378SBL? From all the horror stories I've read posted about poor customer service and the extremely high failure rate of the thermal fuses when using self clean, I'm very reluctant to go that route. But when I turn to another option, there seem to be an awful lot of horror stories on those too - Dacor, Thermador, GE, Wolf, Viking, Electrolux - I've seen scary posts about all of them. But not a pattern of failure as clearly evident as with the KitchenAid self-cleaning problem.

Can anyone post their thoughts on this? Any input into my choices to fit in a 27" space would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (7)