SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
taralee_gw

Barking Dog

taralee
20 years ago

I'm trying to decide if I should be annoyed by this or not -- if any of you remember me from the old forum, I've had some really awful neighbors in the past, and so am sort of scarred by apartment living ;) Here's the current problem: My next-door neighbors have a dog. They leave their windows open at night. In the morning, when other people are out exercising or walking their dogs, my neighbor's dog will bark. It's usually around 8am, but sometimes as early as 6am. They also leave their patio door open regularly during the day, and the dog will be out on it, barking at people (and at me, if I go on my patio).

I've complained to the office once already, and they said they'd talk to the people. I'm gunshy about talking to my neighbors myself, due to past experiences in other complexes, and I figure that's what the office is for -- to take care of the problem. The thing is, it's not constant barking -- it's usually 3 to 4 sharp barks as someone walks in front of the neighbor's patio, and that's it. But at 6 - 9am in the morning, it's enough to wake you up. And it gets annoying in the afternoon, to hear a few barks every 10 minutes or so. I'm not sure how hard I should push this, though, or if I'm being too sensitive.

Comments (9)

Sponsored