SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wtaylor_gw

Nasty Neighbor - Need Input

wtaylor
19 years ago

I have had an ongoing "feud" with the woman next door for about 5 years now. I have kept up a nice "ignore she exists" campaign for about 14 months now, but she will not let up. Today she verbally attacked the Lowe's delivery guy because he blocked her driveway for a couple of minutes. She even claimed that we paid him to block it purposely. Rather than let her verbally assault the poor guy, I stepped in and got into it with her. We exchanged the usual insults long enough for the delivery man to unload everything and leave, then I assumed the "ignore her existence" campaign again. She, however, will yell ugly things to my husband, myself and all others who visit for the next few weeks. She used to throw things at my cat, tease my dogs, throw animal feces on my house, etc. We have spent hundreds of dollars on fencing and installed a camera system and the physical attacks have stopped, but the verbal have not. I try my best not to stoop to her immature level, but every once in a while I find myself in a stupid name-calling & cursing episode with her because, let's face it, there's only so much one can take. I live in Tennesse. Does anyone know of anything legally I can do to stop her, besides going to an attorney and spending more money? We used to have such nice neighbors before she moved in. I thought about calling the Fire Marshall and seeing if I could have her welding shop that she has in the back yard shut down. I don't think we are zoned for that type of home business. I figure it would minimize her time spent at home if she had to go elswhere to work. (She's a metal "artist"). I also figure, however, that it might escalate the situation and I would never forgive myslef if she tried to hurt my family or my pets. I hope someone out that has some great ideas because I'm at my wit's end.

Comments (11)

Sponsored