SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkill

just an observation

funkill
19 years ago

I usually interact on the Home Decor forum and just accidentally clicked on this one today. Since the "Subject" of several posts was somewhat intriguing, I read a little  thinking IÂd just stroll down memory lane for a bit. You see, about 6 months ago I started getting overwhelmed with all the maintenance (and associated responsibilities) necessary to upkeep my home. I was considering leasing my home in lieu of renting an apartment again. And, until today, I thought this might alleviate some of my anxieties. I had completely forgotten about the negatives of "sharing walls" - and about having to deal with the people that live behind those walls.

I guess this forum is a place to vent  and should keep that in mind - but wow, some of these posts floor me. I truly feel for you who are dealing with the noise situations and various forms of rudeness from your neighbors. But a couple of these posts are crazy  i.e. a lot of attitude! If I ever share walls again, I hope that I will be a considerate and an understanding neighbor and will TRY to remember that the "outlandish" rules are for the betterment of the community, the noise is a result of basic construction principles and neighborÂs rudeness may be the result of MurphyÂs Law  that IÂll gripe about them on a day that theyÂve just lost their job.

Good day to all of you and keep your chins up  the grass is always greener on the other side (and many of you just reminded me of that)! Back to my grass mowing  which is 114" high and filled with mosquitoÂs.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH