SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ufcfan2003

Choosing an apartment: Is cheaper rent worth the risk??

ufcfan2003
18 years ago

I have been given the advice "rent cheap and buy later". One source is the well known Dave Ramsey. Where I live most of the cheaper apartments are more dangerous. I would like to hear more experienced renter's thoughts on this.

I am considering renting an apartment in a complex that some of my co-workers believe to be in a dangerous area. The two pluses of this complex are low cost and VERY close to work and school. This community is not gated and offers apartments on the 1st and 2nd floor. An end apartment on the 2nd floor will be available soon and is located @ the very front of the complex. I prefer this because I assume more disturbing activity will go on on the inside of the complex. I am concerned being @ the front of the complex will make my car a more likely target. I have the option of using a company car and taking it home, but I will not do that. Instead I will take my car to work and leave it there since that will be much safer. I apologize for going in different directions, I just have a lot on my mind. I would love to hear other thoughts on any of these concerns I have.....

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH