SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aaron_d

Roommate Problems

aaron_d
18 years ago

I have an apartment in Chicago, where I go to school, with two roommates (close friends of mine). In the three-bedroom apartment, one bedroom is approx. 11' x 13.5' and the other two are approx. 10' x 10'. I was hesitant about choosing this particular apartment at first, but my roommates liked it because it was a couple hundred dollars cheaper than most apartments around school. I had seen the place and was a little hesitant about it at first, but as I was leaving school to come home, we had to make a decision. So my decision was: Ok, fine, let's take the apartment if you don't mind me taking the larger bedroom, I can even pay a little more for it if you'd like.

So now our rent check is due, and my roommates want me to pay 60 dollars more than them each month for the larger room. I think that's pretty steep. Maybe 40 at the very most. I can't justify paying that much, not to mention 90 percent of the kitchenware is mine, and i'm bringing our couch and tv for the living room. What do you think I should do?

Comments (5)

Sponsored