SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
creesemommy

Excessive Apartment Noise, Is there anything I can do?

19 years ago

Hi, I am new here and looking for help. I will try to keep this simple, it has been ongoing for 2 months. First I have a 11 month old baby, that is key in my complaint. Our neighbors started out having a fist fight at the bottom of the stairs, right outside my sons bedroom window. We had lived here a week. We have had ongoing issues with them from stereo, TV, stomping, slamming doors, you name it. Obviously the neighbors are hostile, so we have not approached them. I am home a good part of the day with my son and do not look forward to retribution by gangsta's. We have written 3 letters and verbally complained 6 times to management. Every time we complain, they come up with a new form for us to fill out. It never ends. The last letter we got from the management actually asked us if we would like to have the people evicted or not renewed. I can't believe it! I do not feel it is my place to make that decision and at this point we just want out. Our lease is not up til September and I don't know how much longer I can stand it. My son gets woken up at least 2-3 times a night by these people. We do too, but we are adults and can go back to sleep. My son lacks the verbal skills of an adult, so I can't just tell him to go back to bed. During the day it is just as bad, but I know I can't do anything about that. So what can I do? My lease says we cannot break it under any circumstances, but it also says that I deserve to live comfortably, which I am not. Help~

Stacey

Comments (10)

Sponsored