SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kleidan

Out of Control Neighbor...please help!

kleidan
15 years ago

This just happened and im freaking out about it. My husband and i got home ( we were driving seperatley)...our apartments are built in a col de sac way with parking in the middle. I parked and got out while he went up the middle looking for a closer space. He didnt find one and started backing down the street. There was an older woman walking up right behind him while he was backing out. She was pretty close when he finally saw her and stopped. She did not try to move at all. Not left or right just straight towards his car. Once he stopped she walked up to his window and in an ugly tone said, "Didnt you see me?!" and since she was ugly about it, he said "Didnt you see ME?!" Then her son comes rushing out yelling. He's a big guy about 30 or so and had obviously been drinking. He was yelling stuff like "Hey man! You have a problem man!" My husband drove down the street and parked and we both just went into our apartment. We had to take the dog out to do her busines outside and of course that guy was out there just waiting for us. He told my husband to go there and he did. (Which i did not aprove of but anyways) He started yelling again saying "You disrespected my mom man!" So i was like "How did he disprespect your mom?" And he went off yelling and throwing his arms up and jumping around like he was just ready to hit my husband, totally ignoring me just throwing his hands up yelling at my husband who was just quiet. I told my husband to not say anything. He didnt. But this man was getting very violent yelling so all of the neighbors came out to watch the spectacle. He was saying stuff like "I dont care where your from, Mexico or Puerto Rico so come on man come on" He was totally out of control. Then his old mom comes out yelling at my husband as well. I said "Listen lady, he didnt see u walking there at first and then he did. He didnt hit you with the car or anything so whats the problem?" And she starts yelling just like her son and she says to me, "You dont know u were not there!" and i said "yes i was watching the whole time" (Which i was) and she rudley says "Your as big as a house you were not there!" I didnt say anything to her I just could not beleive that such an old woman would be so immature an uneducated as she was. Surely my family and my grandma would never act as they did. So i was pretty pissed by then. Then this guys wife comes out yelling just the same. (And just for your info...if im as big as a house then she was as big as walmart lol) and well same stuff..yelling and cussing blah blah. Finally this guys friend comes out and quiets them down and stuff.

So thats what happened. Now I really can not stand to live here anymore. I feel threatened by them. I know that every time they see my husband or I they will cause a commotion. It is just what kind of people they are. Does anyone know what i mean by what "kind" of people they are? I mean for an older women to come out yelling and all of them stinking like beer? It was totally nuts. So, in the morning im going to the office to complain. This is obviously not a peaceful place for us. In their yelling the man said his mom had lived here for 9 years. So, obviously the land lord will probably take sides with her. I understand it was my husbands fault for the car thing since pedestrians have the right of way. But these kinds of things happen all the time and no one was hurt. She was not even close to being hit by the car and was not in any way disrespected. This man was way out of line.

We just moved into these apartments not even a month ago. Does anyone know what we can do to get out of here? Do I have a case because I have no problem taking them to court. No where in the lease did it say we agreed to be harassed by the other tenants. I thought the land lord was supposed to provide us with a peaceful place to live, not one with drunk men and drunk old ladies yelling at us. Please comment.

Comments (9)

Sponsored