SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maryjane45_gw

Landlords spying led to snooping- What to do?

maryjane45
16 years ago

So my bf and I have recently moved into a new apartment. The landlord mentioned that he would come by once or twice a week to do yardwork. That's how it was at first but then monday morning I was trying to figure out what the wear and I was walking around my room in a thong and then see my landlord outside my bedroom window (no garden by my bdrm window so no need for him to be there)Since then he has been at the window the same time everyday and stops in about 5 or 6 times throughout the day to do "yardwork" right by all our windows. It started getting really fishy the other day when it was pouring rain and thunder and I counted him out there on 5 different occasions. For the record this is also a very small yard that does not need much maitnance. My bf's boss warned us that he could be at our window constantly to see when we are not around because he probably wants to snoop around. So today I started my new job and before leaving my bf and I were discussing the peeping landlord so we decided to just stick a little note on the bedroom door saying "Spying is creepy and illegal" that way if he entered to snoop before entering the bdroom he would know we know. Put that note up and made sure the door was shut. The front door was locked when I left for work and when I came home the door was still locked. When I go to the bedroom the post-it note is gone and the door is opened. I looked all over and no sight of post it and no windows were open (so it wasn't a random breaking in) and the only person besides my bf and I with access to apt keys is the landlord. I have never been in this type of situation before....what should I do?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH