SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frustrated_dragon

What Is Classified Normal Apartment Noise

frustrated_dragon
17 years ago

What is claissified normal apratment noise for a family building. I thought I knew but know I don't know.

I have a lease in a 1950's family building (I've been told by the rental office it is a family building). Well the problem is any noise even droping something on the floor, my two year old playing in his room quietly, my partner and I talking in normal voices, the sew machine, vacuum, or a slight bang, the neibours below come up yelling saying they are going to call the police and rental office. The rental office has given us a warrning that the next complaint that comes in we will be evicited. I have talked to all the other neibours in the building and they classify the noise we make normal apartment nosie and got them to sign a letter to the rental office stating it is normal arpartment noise. It is bad situation here and I have been getting the run around from the police and rental office and just looking for some why to deal with this till our lease expires. We have to be quieter than a mouse and that is impossible with a active two year old. i have made proctions to sound proof like a floor rug onto the the carpet inplace, thick fabric clothes under a table on carpet for the sewing machine and restrain my son from playing inside and that has not solved the problem and we are told it is us being unrespectful. We have told the rental office that this couple below us are very loud we her thier music from 7am-11pm clearly threw the floor (words and all) thet are constantly fight every night loudly and alow they three year old to run up and down the aprtament halls banging on other tenants doors and then say even after bing cought it was my child. i'm just realy frustrtated here and looking for help for i can not seem to find a soloutin any where besides move out when the lease expires in two months (if we make it)

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions