SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kate_7_gw

Panic Attacks associated with noise

kate_7
17 years ago

Hi everyone

I just wanted to quickly say thank you for my other post in which I introduced myself.

I came home from work today around 9 20 pm, and upon entering my apartment, I could clearly hear loud bass coming through my floor and walls.

I was outraged, and scared. I called the landlord immediately and said there was loud noise coming from somewhere. She said she would go check.

I waited 30 minutes but nothing happened. I called again after I figured out it was the apartment below me (no one had been there all summer, so we had it quiet).

She told me that if she couldn't hear it from the hallway, she couldn't do anything.

I'm just...scared now.

Because I can hear it CLEARLY through my floor, it's shaking my computer chair, and I cannot focus.

I have panic attacks when I hear certain noises - especially bass speakers and really loud music. My heart races, I get really shaky and can't focus, and I get really upset.

As I put in my other post, my apartment lease says "Minimum noise at all times, especially between 11pm - 8 am" and "No parties of any kind"...

And they told us they were very strict with the rules! :(

If this continues over the next few months or what have you, I will not be able to focus. I can't do that with the noise.

What do I do? :(

Comments (25)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES