SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
i_m_fletcher

Knife Sharpener

i_m_fletcher
13 years ago

I know this forum is typcially focused upon large appliances. However, I consider my knives to be one of the most crucial pieces of equipment in my kitchen. Up until recently, I've always used a professional sharpening service to maintain my knives.

Last night I purchased a Chef's Choice knife sharpener. I wanted to let everyone here know that I'm astounded by the results - my knives are sharper than they have ever been. It was easy and quick. Before it was expensive and a hassle to gather my knives and transport them to a local knife shop for sharpening. It's going to be great to be able to do this myself at home whenever needed.

If anyone is considering this, or doesn't take the time to sharpen your knives - you might appreciate this small appliance as much as I do. I purchased a model that supports both 15 and 20 degree knive edges since I have a mix of German and Japanese knives. The resulting sharpness from this appliance is truely astounding.

For you experts out there, any reason I should prefer a professional sharpening service over this appliance?

Comments (18)