SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlygirl_1

What is it like to live in an apartment?

Girlygirl_1
19 years ago

Hi!

IÂm doing a post-graduate course in industrial (product) design and am currently doing a project on apartment living. The purpose of the project is to find out problems and needs in apartment living and design something which caters for those needs. ItÂs hard to find this kind of information through research in books and magazines, so IÂd like to post some guideline questions on this site to get you thinking so you can express your opinions on what youÂve found through your experiences living in apartments. I have read through this site and find it helpful, however I want to obtain more info. Thanks for doing this; hopefully IÂll be able to come up with an awesome design which will improve apartment living for many people! Any info at all would be great!

Firstly I just need some background research

Size of apartment

Facilities available in apartment complex

What bothers you about living in an apartment?

Common problem areas seem to be noise, limited space, no outside area for pets or garden, maintenance and landlords and undesirable neighbours. Have you experienced these or other problems not mentioned?

How do you use your living space?

What appeals to you about living in an apartment?

What needs for apartment living do you see that designers should take into account?

What would you like in an apartment, perhaps that you donÂt have?

Excellent! If you want to answer any or all of these questions, or just say anything that youÂve noticed in apartment living, I would love to hear it. Thanks for you time!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
More Discussions