SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vw_driver_gw

What was your first apartment experience like?

vw-driver
17 years ago

To me it almost feels like a recent event. Even though I'm still in the same unit since I moved away from the parents. Just over 2&1/2 yeas ago, I felt excited when I got the call I've been approved. After everything was finalized, and I got the keys to was almost unbelievable. After doing the walk around in what was then an empty 1 Bedroom unit, I excitedly got in my car. It still had a fresh paint smell, and the carpet was new. There were several car trip getting my things like a huge music and move collection, TV's, clothing, and such. At the time, I had very little furniture. The first night was almost fightening, because I was used to being in a house. I slept on a cot, and was not used to typical apartment building noises. Infact the follwing 6 months I had to sleep on a rollaway (borrowed from the folks). I didn't have a proper bed yet. The day bed was like my couch for the first year. When I first moved in it was like I had all the elbow room in the world. Little by little another piece of furniture there, or mutlimedia rack here creeped in. Now It's like I hardly got any floor space left.

Later next month, I'm moving into a nice spacious 2 bedroom 2 bath. As before I'll be lving in the place on my own. Besides more living space, there is even a nice little balcony. It's in a quieter area, that feels like a real residential area. Where I stay at now are plain building blocks. They're behind a gas station and beat up strip mall. The next place I'll have a view of he woods, and not just the parking lot and another building. It seems almost unbelievable that I'm finally going to turn the keys in, and close this chapter.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!