SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chicagodweller

Need advice on nite-owl neighbor!

chicagodweller
14 years ago

Hello everyone!

My story is pretty similar to those posted here. I have a new neighbor. Previous tenant caused me NO PROBLEMS whatsoever. He was delightful (and a middle-aged single male). The new one is about 18 and doesn't require any sleep! His is a studio apt., mine is 1 bedroom. My bedroom wall (where my pillow is) is against his whole apt. First night he moved in, I was awakened by a blaring stereo at 4:00 a.m. I knocked on his door and thoroughly explained to him how thin the walls were, and the location of our walls, and how I am early to bed and early to rise. Very nice guy, and no stereo problems since. HOWEVER, the tv is another story. Every night. Apparently he can't go to sleep unless it's on. Equally as annoying as the stereo, but it does seem that he is trying to keep it low. It doesn't matter, even on low, I can clearly hear it, and all night long is unacceptable.

Ok, so here is my predicament. I complained about the stereo and he stopped. He was nice about it. I'm certain he doesn't realize the tv is just as loud. Now, I can just keep the peace and continue to sleep in my living room (which I've been having to do to and don't really want to continue), OR approach him again and risk the rapport that has developed between us (we run into one another frequently and get along quite pleasantly).

I have 10 mos. left, and I'd hate hate hate to switch apartments for less than a year. Advice from friends and family is let it be, but they're not apartment dwellers! Advice PLEASE!!!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals