SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newdawn1895

Could anyone help me with a certain french porcelain?

newdawn1895
12 years ago

I posted on home decorating but I think maybe this might be the correct place to post.

I am spelling this so wrong, but has anyone heard of "Yarbrough" french porcelain? Again, it is spelled wrong and if anyone could help me with the spelling I would appreciate it so much.

I have knowledge in Staffordshire pieces both the fiqurines and dishes. Also, I know Old Paris, White Ironstone, transferware, a little about Chelsea ware but Yarbrough is something I have never heard of.

I have to look at some french antiques tomorrow both porcelain and furniture and kind of appraise them. This man's late wife collected it for over thirty years and he wants to pick my brain on it's value.

Will someone please tell me about it? Is it valuable? He says it antique, but I don't know if he actually knows. This could be the blind leading the blind. I feel I'm qualified about the furniture, but this porcelain is something I know nothing about.

I know I should of done my home work before this late date.

I've called every decorator I know and since it is New Year's night no one is taking my calls. Serves me right, but I can't worry about it too much right now.

Please if you know about this porcelain, would you help me? If you have any pictures could I ask you to post them.

I want to thank you so much in advance.

Help!

Comments (16)