SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
huango

remote blower 101?

huango
16 years ago

Hello,

Is there a Remote Blower 101 (for vent hoods)?

I dont know anything about this subject, so all help/resources would be greatly appreciated.

I cook every day, and many meals start with roasting garlic and/or onions. I will be using my vent hood often, and need a high CFM, but would love it to be quiet.

IÂm in the design phase, so I want to make sure I can put in whatever size duct and Âtrash canÂ-size ?container? to silence it. (I donÂt know what IÂm talking about, just read some tid-bit on remote blowers.)

The plan is to get a 36" 6burner AG range (thinking Wolf or Bluestar). The hood will be against a wall (on the 1st floor). Duct will go up ?2feet?, turn 90degrees to the Right for about 6 feet to go to the outside wall/out of the house.

I have a 2nd floor bathroom above this hood, then the attic above that, and an unfinished basement under the range.

Is it possible for me to have a remote blower, if I have a 2nd floor between the hood and the attic?

What parts/items do I need to purchase? I would love a stainless steel 42" hood like Coleen3201118.

Any pictures/design sketches would be very helpful in visualizing how remote blowers work.

Thank you very much.

Amanda

Comments (6)