SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sugar_fl

I need advise on apt living

sugar_fl
19 years ago

I"m sure glad I found this forum. I hope to be moving to a small apt soon. It is affiliated with the church I go to & on Faulkner University campus which is a christian university in Montgomery AL.

It seems ideal for me now that I am alone since my DH's death last summer. I am on a small farm in the middle of no where now. I don't drive & it is 12 miles to a store & 30 from Wal-mart, Drs & Hospitals. At this apt I can walk to church or ride in the van. Many store are right across the road. One thing I like is I can eat in the school cafeteria for $5 when I want to. I can use things at the school like the library. It is a GREAT place to walk too. I can go all over the champus. It is a low income apt but I have been there & it's not your normal low income Apt . I have seen some & wouldn't live there. The price is right as the rent won't be over $300 a month & includes all utilities but phone, TV & internet. Each apt has it's own Heat & AC controls. Most there are widows about my age. It is VERY clean & well kept. I can even have a small garden if I wish. They also have some sound proofing & it was very quiet when I was there. There will be no small children.

I will Have to sell a lot of thing like tools. I can use the extra money for moving & buying a few new things. I will be leaving memories behind which is both good & bad. Everyone I met there were so friendly.

Can U tell I'm excited & as soon as uncle Sam gets my SS straightened out I'm ready to go. They really messed it up when I went from collecting benifits from one husband to the other.

Now finnally after boring U.. LOL.. I will tell why I'm writing. I have never lived in a place like this. It has 3 floors & 100 apts. They are fairly small. I do need advice on how to downsize. I will have to use every means of storage. I plan on having a twin bed so I'll have more room. Under that bed is already planned :D Do anyone have ideas to create more storage space. I want a couple of large plastic storage boxes which I'll put at the foot of the bed with a pretty cover over it. That will be good for out of season clothes.

My puter supplies will be one problem. My puter will take a lot of space but it is a MUST go item. Is there any secret to storing Kitchen items? I think kitchen & computer will be my biggest problem. What should I take & what should I leave behind? How do I decide? Do U have any hints to make the transition easier? Is there any downfalls to expect? I can use all the help I can get BEFORE I move.

TIA

Dar

Comments (5)

Sponsored