SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karinl_gw

A deterrent to collecting

karinl
14 years ago

Bedbugs!

First we thought we got them from my mother-in-law but then my husband began to look askance at a few used books I'd bought just before Christmas, and one of those does look suspiciously like the culprit (has evidence). Darn.

But given how many used books and records I buy, and how much furniture, and how indiscriminately I do so (craigslist, garage and estate yard sales, junk stores, used book stores, and on and on), it actually amazes me that we haven't gotten them before.

I'm not sure I can give up collecting, but henceforth I will be running a practised eye over my purchases before they come into the house, and I think I will also bag more of the things I put in the car.

It puts a real cramp in life, not just at home but because one feels guilty visiting or inviting anyone in (other than the pest control officer!). So, no admiring Flyleft's pottery after all :-)

Anyway, something for everyone to think about. I'm going to start a thread on the organizing forum about coping with bedbugs in case anyone is interested.

KarinL

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County