SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cannahavana

7000 Traveling Daylilies Post!

cannahavana
18 years ago

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. We have the most awesome group of traders, proven, experienced, honest, giving, sharing and awesome loving people. The way into this group is to have traded and proven yourself honest. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

We are currently sending/receiving our December "Secret Santa" swap boxes. Packages should be on the way so your partner will receive it before Christmas. Don't forget to post what wonderful things you get from your secret pal.

So far, all the packages have been awesome.....what a great group of friends!

HOLY COW!!! We have hit 7000 posts in approx. 18 months! What an awesome group!

Comments (105)

• User
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oh, Dawn, I'm so sorry about Lilly. She was beautiful.

Angie, how awful about your kittens. I wish I was there to give you both big hugs. I'm so very sorry.

Dianne/dian57

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Hello, everyone.
    I am sorry to read about all the personal losses... pets, possessions, etc. My deepest sympathies to you. Like the wise person once said, "you take the good, you take the bad, you take 'em both and there you have the facts of life." Deni, I seem to be the only one guessing... is this okay? LOL. I was sure I had it...

Stay safe this weekend, everyone. We're expecting rain here in So. Cal... sounds like it'll be raining for the Rose Parade.

Paul

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: 9400 posts! traveling daylilies

Q

Comments (100)
    Good Afternoon Everyone! I think I am beginning to feel better because I no longer need my "friend the bucket." Sounds like everyone had a great time with the game on dogs . About the only one I got right on the first try was the color of collie........hehe I had one for 17 years! Happy belated birthday to anyone I missed. I wanted to share a picture of the wonderful box Carol sent me. Sorry it is dark, but see how well the picture of the wolves turned out. The card was beautiful carol, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'm glad I don't have to go to work til tomorrow night at 11 then after my shift I'm off till Friday night. Dawn, I enjoyed seeing your baby collage. Isn't it the greatest feeling when baby is moving all around, and just think, it is a feeling we can only try to describe but I don't think there is a word that can describe it. Anita, Maleah is beautiful, and I love her red hair. Boys will be knocking down your door, and the phone will be ringing off the hook before you know it. I being lazy again today. I might sit and cross stitch for a while I've been working on a project called I LOVE ANTIQUES , COLLECTIBLES & COUNTRY THINGS. Now who else is having a baby? I hope I didn't miss anyone and if I did please forgive me. LIFE IS GOOD, Annie
    ...See More

UPDATE: 11.500 Traveling Daylilies Posts

Q

Comments (116)
    Happy Fourth of July to my dear, old and new friends! I cannot begin to tell you how happy it has made me to read through this thread. I really needed the smiles. I'm not sure how many threads I've missed and I'm terribly sorry for being absent. Debbie, I am so sad to hear of your daughters dx. HUGS I'd like to talk to you via email and will send a note along soon. I had been hoping to get back here many times since the birth of my sweet boy 2 years ago, but life keeps getting in the way. My family is now in crisis once again and I ask for your thoughts and prayers. We really, really need them. I will send out a group email soon - hope I have all the correct addresses. Marea, 'Snazzy Memories' is in it's full glory - magnificent! We never got around to dividing it yet and the fans have grown into a nice clump at the entrance to my Sis' home. My little one is doing so well. How amazing to watch him grow and learn! He is a wonderful garden helper too! Loves to put the weeds in the wheelbarrow, and digging is his middle name. :) I lost my dear dog to old age - he was over 15 years old! He was laid to rest up on our Bluebird Hill. I sure do miss him. Our birds are doing well, but I know they miss us because we are always working. I can't wait until we get the house done and can spend more time with them again. We still haven't moved, but the house is coming along. I do have water now so that is wonderful. But only a hose- no luxuries such as a sink yet. Working on stoning our fireplace now. Electric is done. We have our insulation ready to put in after an inspection next week and then we can finally sheetrock. Still have to put in septic system as well as our furnace, but all ductwork is done. Kind of running out of money so things are slowing down. I did manage to put in a beautiful organic veggie garden w/ DH's help. It was supposed to be a temporary one but it turned out so nice I have to keep it. Daylilies are in full bloom here in Western PA and I think of you all when I step out the door and see all the color you have shared with me. HUGS, Dawn (mamabirrd)
    ...See More

UPDATE: Wow! 10,000 Traveling Daylily posts!! Wow!

Q

Comments (104)
    Shirley...I am so glad you finally got your box, even if the wine got broken. It just shows how roughly the PO handles our boxes. As you saw, I had marked it "Glass" and "Live Plants". Wonder what happens if you don't mark them to let them know that there are fragile items inside??? I wish you had gotten to see the label though...It was made especially for you. Also, I have spoken to different people in various Post Offices about mailing wine. Each person gave me a different answer. One told me that it was okay to mail wine as long as it was under a certain proof. My homemade wine isn't proofed, even if it was, they wouldn't know what it was because they broke the d--n bottle;0) I'll bring you some when we go to Gatlinburg in the spring. Don't let me forget. Gloria...OUCH!!!That does sound really painful. Hope you heal quickly. Marea....Thank you for the nice complement about the wine. I'll have you a bottle waiting when you come and see me this spring. I can hardly wait to show you over the farm. Maybe when you get settled in your permanent home I can return the visit. Welcome Roxanne. Glad to have a new member. I've been away from the group a lot recently and have missed out on your joining. Now for the sad news...My aunt passed away late yesterday, she was cremated today, and there will be a memorial for her tomorrow in her hometown (London, KY). This is the aunt that I have been helping my cousin by sitting with her a few times a week. Maretta (my aunt) was 66 years old and died of cancer one month after being diagnosed. The blessing is that she is no longer suffering and is in a much better place. Hello to everyone...I have missed you, and hope to be back and more active in our group again soon. Debbie
    ...See More

UPDATE: traveling daylily angels 5500 send & get daylilies

Q

Comments (100)
    Hey ya! I hope everyone had a nice long weekend to enjoy. Beautiful weather here! Sherri, wish I could keep her this size. MaryB, a diagram for you :). Lots more stuff in there not pictured. Brugmansia 'Creamsickle' three blooms on a heat stressed plant and Coleus 'Lava Rose'- my favorite coleus this year. My business is slow as expected when starting out. I have a partial website (go figure?), my license, business cards. Made a bag with my logo on it that I carry around. I have about 6 websites going right now. Enough to pay the business bills. BTW, Gloria I have a bill for you coming your way today :). Love ya, Hottie! CindyO, you are about 350 miles for me, well duh, I guess you already know how far. I would love to come! I can drop my back seat in the Blazer and make lots of room, but I would have to leave the kids with you so I could haul the loot back home. Love that seedling of yours! I just picked the last of the seedpods yesterday. Now we have about 1000 seeds to figure out where to plant. Marea! YAY, a tropical! Diane, got your test email. Debbie, happy B-day! Miss Susan, have you and Dan gone off and got married without us? The Stapelia you sent me last year is about to bloom any day now. I may be cussing you soon :). Anita, your in my thoughts. Deni, if you can read this, you are the most thoughtful and generous soul! ~Canna
    ...See More
  • brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Tanarae-It finally got here today. My third box arrived. All I can say is I love it. Oh it is beautiful. Did you make it? You should open a craft store if you did. Wait until everyone sees my hanging poinsetta. They loved the little mice you made. My DD took two of them and her MIL took one. I only have three left. I hung them on the poinsetta so everyone can see them. Thank you so much you really put your talents to work on my boxes and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope you had a Merry Christmas.
    Here is what Tanarae sent for my December gift along with the other items I posted. All the candy goodies are gone. They were delicious too.

{{gwi:1320647}}
    {{gwi:1320648}}

Earthly-I do hope you have a better year in 2006. I would still be crying if someone stole my wallet. You have a great attitude about it. I love the picture of your asiatic lilies. One looks like lollipop.

Dawn-Sorry to hear about precious Lilly. Glad you are getting to put her away the way you want.

Angie-Sorry about your Kittys also. I started to call a lady today about a new puppy but changed my mind. It hurt to bad when I lost my doberman.

Annie-I thought about you today. I went to a shop that had lots of raggedy Ann and Andys. Gosh they had some cute stuff. They even had a raggedy Ann and Andy Nativity.
    I fell in love with it and bought it for one of my nieces.
    I will get it all out of the box and take a picture of it for you.

Please keep Anita in your prayers. Baby D got his little feet burned really bad at the baby sitters on a heater vent. She thinks he will have scars it was so bad. She can't get on gardenweb right now.

My niece gave me this for Christmas. She knows how much I love irises. It is an iris pond and water sprays out of the big iris.
    {{gwi:1320650}}
    {{gwi:1320651}}

Some Christmas Decorations.
    {{gwi:1320652}}

Shirley

• tanarae
    18 years ago

Ohhhh Shirley, I am soooo glad it finally got there. I was sure it was lost forever. I can't believe it took so long. They must have sent it all over the country. I did make it and it took longer than I expected when I first got the patterns for it. You may be the only one that ever gets one, lol. I hate that it did not get there for you before xmas but you will have it for next year. I am glad you like it, I thought it turned out very pretty. I wanted to explain why the mustang grape jelly was sent as the true meaning of xmas for me. The grapes grow wild here on our place and I am certain that they are a gift from God and he put them here for me to share with people that I care about so they can enjoy the bounty he blessed us with. Anyway thats just how I feel about it and wanted to share my reasoning with you. Anyway I hope you and your family had a very merry xmas and I love the fountain and the xmas decorations on the fireplace are adorable. Did you make them? Tanarae

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

shirley - i just love that pond!

i haven't even tried to guess at the clues, because i can't sign in. i don't get a confirmation code to register, so i am in the dark

here's our new dog. he's nothing like my other one and i'm trying to really love him, but he's a freak - no other word describes him . i guess eventually he'll calm down and become human, but until then, he drives me insane! sorry, it won't resize for me, and i can't figure out how to get the deranged color out of his eyes!

{{gwi:1320653}}

• abitodd
    18 years ago

Evening all,

Ok Earthly you are now in, I sent you an email.

If anyone else is interested in playing and has a problem please let me know. As I said early on this will be a game that will come in stages. I figure it will last atleast through January and there will be a good many prizes from gardening books to odds an ends to Gift Vouchers for plants and Daylilies in the spring. I know everyone is tired and is no doubt resting but I really hate for 1 or 2 people to win all the prizes. There will be a few nice gifts given to the top two in the over all game. I will tempt you all with some of the goodies this will include later in the game....dont be left behind.

Deni

• namso
    18 years ago

Good morning all, quick check in....

Dawn, many condolances on the loss of your Lilly. & Same to Angie for your kittens.

Awesome boxes and pics everyone. My is this group talented!

Hope everyone had a Merry Chistmas. And wishing you all a great 2006...we are having company here and i hope to get caught back up after..im only a hundred or so posts behind :).

Cindy O

• onesherri
    18 years ago

Dawn and Angie I am sorry to hear about your pet losses. What a time of the year for that to happen.

Wanted to just add this with all our pet loss this year in case anyone feeds their animals diamond pet food and didn't catch the news. They have recalled their food. Lots of animals have died and gotten sick. I was one of the lucky ones for sure. When I bought my last bag on the day before xmas eve, Frasier refused to eat it. He was eating his canned food so I didn't know what was going on but when I seen it on the news last night, I knew I hadd been blessed. I just figured he wasn't eating because of all the stress of the holidays.

Merea, LOL. I need that wish for the new year. :) Sherri

• juspeachy
    18 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    It sounds like everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

I am posting this for Anita,She still cannot get on here.
    This is what she got in her Santa box from Shirley.

Something warm- A scarf & Christmas stocking she crocheted for me
    Some kind of chocolate- Milk chocolate covered cranberries
    Christmas decoration- Red beads, I put them on my wreath
    Special ornament- 2 snowmen with mine & David's names on them
    Any kind of Christmas candy- bag of hard candy
    Something you feel shows the true meaning of Christmas- Years subscription to Bird's & Blooms
    Special Santa Suprise- She will be sending me Spacecoast Gater Eye in the spring
    She also sent a nice card & a holiday desk set.
    Cookies-She sent macadamia ones & she also sent the most delicious stuffed pecans I have ever had.

Dawn,
    I am so very sorry. But at least she got to spend Christmas with you one last time. Just think, she is now a Christmas angel.

OK,
    I have had one person contact me and say they have not recieved a box for Dec. I will be contacting their partner as soon as I post this, to see if there is a problem.
    Has anyone else NOT recieved their Dec. Box? Please contact me ASAP, and I will look into it.
    thanks,

Have a wonderful evening everyone.
    hugs,

Jo/juspeachy

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Let me say that I'm sorry for Angie's kitties and Dawn's Lilly leaving them. I know it hurts terribly since I just lost my baby a year and a half ago. It still hurts but we keep him alive by sharing things he did and how special he was. Our JJ was the reason lots of people we knew got Doxies. They would come to our home and just fall in love with him then go home and get their own. Of course, they were never "JJ". ;-)
    I hope the pain of your losses gets easier as you remember the good times.

Angie, I love that throw girl! What a great ex-MIL you have to do that for you.

Christmas was so funny when our Andy and our son's Mandy (dogs) each were trying to gather up all of the rawhide chews and toys and not share with each other. One would creep across the room, snatch something and run. In a minute the other would catch that one not looking and sneak over and steal something! What fun it was to watch.

Maryanne, your new pooch is so cute. Don't worry, he'll grow on you. lol

Paul, thanks for the New Year good wishes.

Tana, your poinsettia and mice are adorable.

Shirley, I love your fountain, lucky you to have such a sweet neice. Your Christmas decorations cute. I love the old man and woman warming their backsides. lol

Anita, I'm so sorry about little D's feet. I used to burn mine on the grates when I was little. I don't think anyone has any of those furnaces around here anymore. Poor baby!

TTYL,

Nancy

• luvmybulbs
    18 years ago

Dawn, I am sorry to hear of your birdie.

And thank you everyone for your kind words on my loss of kitty. I realized I never to a picture of him.

Jo, if you need any help replacing the box, let me know.

Can someone fill me in on how Susan is doing and Anita. Since my computer was down I was out of the loop too long.

Shirley, I love the crafts. And the throw came from Sears portrait studios. I went on the web-site and they want $300.00 for them! Ouch. The boy's G-ma works for them and she said she got a great deal because they were just trying out the company that actually makes them.

What's everyone doing for New Year's????
    I am having a party here at home. Usually have a big party, but this year it will be small. My friends get to meet the new boyfriends friends. This ought to be interesting!

Everyone, be safe.

Angie

• veeja11
    18 years ago

earthly cute pup, i think you and sue got german shepherds. i can see you two being dragged doen the street by your dogs. gloria I got the certificate of authenticity, for all of my plates. my daughter is a sweetheat she aldo got me a birthstone ring.3 teddy bear tree ornaments 5 day lilies. boy are they prettyfe ones thanks to Mareas help. I don't want any new onew, I think it is a waste of money. Happy New year to all. big hugs to you all

• TakingRoot
    18 years ago

Morning All,

Just a quick check in.....took me a while to read all the posts and catch up...

Looks like everyone had a wonderfully blessed Christmas!

I'm soooo sorry about the loses of our beloved pets....they become such a big part of our family, I feel your pain and am sorry for your loss.

Anita, hang in there honey, the New Year will bring wonderful things for you and baby David!

Jo, Glad you liked your box, sorry for not responding sooner.

Ellen, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL THE DECEMBER/CAPRICORN BABIES!!

HAPPY 'EARLY' BIRTHDAY TO YOU...RM!

Off to enjoy 'my' day.....

WISHING YOU ALL A PROSPEROUS AND BLESSED 2006!!!!
    (and remember: don't let your friends/family drink and drive!)

Jaye

• juspeachy
    18 years ago

Hello All,

(((SHARON))),
    Your mailbox is full again!!!! I just sent you mail and it bounced back. Please clean it out so I can resend. (smiling here)

Maryanne,
    Your pup looks like he/she might have a little dobie in there as well. Sure is cute, you can see the mischief in those eyes. (grin)

Shirley,
    Your fountain is just gorgeous. I love it. And that table runner from Tana is sure beautiful. And the mice adorable.

Tana,
    Just beautiful work. And those mice are too cute.

OK, everyone,
    It is time to do the voting for the Secret Santa box!!!

Hope you all were paying attention to all of the posts, cause you now have to decide which box came the closest to showing................. THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS!!!

You may have to go back through the older posts to decide,
    You can post your vote here, or you can e-mail me, either way, I will keep a tally of who gets the most votes, and I will send them a special surprize.

Thanks everyone,
    take care,

Jo/juspeachy

• mareas
    18 years ago

I vote for Annie's box as showing the True Meaning of Christmas!
    She sent me (in a gift wrapped postal box, no less): A Nativity Scene with the Holy Family in a snow globe, cookies & candies & cocoa & cider & 3 kinds of coffees, a 2006 calender with kitties of course, a big engraved Silver Heart keepsake box, a vintage ornanent her sister hand painted, Herb & Marea Snow People ornaments, that beautiful trio of sparkly smiley blue snow people decorations, the best of all possible bathrobe wall art hangers, a whole tin of fresh catnip my kitties LOVE her for, a long beautiful letter about the meaning of Christmas in her family & more exquisite wrapping paper than has ever been in this house!

Your new "insane" dog's photo is a hoot, Maryanne!

Shirley - I love your new Iris fountain too! What a good niece! Are you blessed or what?

Angie - here's hoping your friends like each other as much as you two do!

Ellen - Happy Birthday!!

Carol - I pretty much believe that the "New Ones Disease" will hit you eventually, too, probably right after your new ones this year bloom! *giggle*
    My new one - Finding Blue...
    {{gwi:1243468}}

Jaye - Happy New Year - and the same to you all! Marea

• barbamaman
    18 years ago

Happy New Year!!!!!

We had a busy holiday with 2 DD's, 1 DD spouse, and bouncing baby Marie! She is almost sitting up now, grins and plays, so of course with all this snow I had to get her a purple baby sled! I made a cushion for it, with a seat belt, and found a terrific new snowsuit on eBay, and filled the sled with little gifts and what I'd knitted for her, all wrapped in bright red, tied with purple ribbons.

Her mom had to rush right outside and try it all out.

The gifts were good, the food varied and yummy (DD#2 made sushi!), the dogs (all 5! They brought their 2, too!) got squeakies, we put up a big tree and son-in-law had fun putting up all our decorations he'd never seen before.

We all wished DD's#1 and 4 (with her DH) could have been with us too. A lovely cozy time. Candles and apple pie.

I had a CT scan of my messed up spine last week, and my spine surgeon will tell me his ideas next Fri. so stay tuned. I may garden myself silly this spring, or I may lie around recovering....

Here's a little late greeting I thought you'd all like:

Scroll down ...

{{gwi:1320654}}

An elderly couple was sitting together watching their favoriate

Saturday night TV program.
    During one of those commercial breaks, the husband asked

his wife: "Whatever happened to our sexual relations?"
    After a long thoughtful silence, the wife, during the next

commercial break, replied:
    "You know, I do not really know - - I do not even think we got

a Christmas card from them this year..."

Cheers!!!!

Barb

• ellenh
    18 years ago

Good evening and happy new years to everyone! Thank you for the birthday wishes. We're celebrating by staying at home and watching movies. I really need a bit of a rest and a break.

I got the greatest box from Anita just before Xmas. I'm sorry she isn't able to post - I miss her postings and hearing about little David.

Here's what I got from Anita

1 special ornament for the tree that will make your partner think of you each time they see it - a set of 18 mini ornaments in all sorts of adorable shapes

1 doz. (or more) cookies (homemade if possible) - oooh the best box of assorted cookes! Lots of different kinds with different kinds of chocolate.

Any kind of "Christmas" candy - Andes mints - one of my absolute favorites - and no I'm not sharing!

A special Christmas memory; - The coming of David her grandson, the apple of her eye. Can't get much more special that that can you?

Some kind of chocolate - A glass xmas tree filled with candy.

Some silly little thing to make your partner smile - the most adorable cow statue that has changeable clothing for the season - LOVE IT!

A special Santa surprise from the heart (isn't that what Christmas is all about?) Chocolate Truffles in most beautifully wrapped box - so pretty, you hate to open it! Hubby quickly claimed this as his - but he shares very nicely! These truffles were great - but are now only a memory :(

This does not have to be something expensive, remember, it is from the heart, not the purse

A cute Christmas decoration - a set of xmas dish towels and pot holders.

Something to make your partner feel warm and special - a great fleece blanket - quickly became my favorite.

And last but certainly not least...

Something YOU feel shows the true meaning of Christmas - a magnetic refrigerator sign that states "Our Children are our Future" Open it up and there are places to put all emergency numbers. - can't agree more

Angie - glad you liked this house - it was a lot of fun to make.

We got a new kitty cat this week. Friends of ours have saved too many cats (17) so we picked the best of the bunch to take home. She's five years old and very loveable. She's a long haired calico. I love calicos, my first cat was a calico. She comes to her name, so I can't change it. Gloria, you'll love this.... her name is M&M.

Hope everyone's Christmas and Holidays were nice.

Angie - sorry about your kitties
    Marea - so sorry about Lily - I can tell it broke your heart.

Deni - your games are so much fun - I was just too burnt out to even begin to play. I guess I missed them?? I'm willing to send a welcoming gift once spring comes.

Talk to again next year!

Ellen

• barbamaman
    18 years ago

Oh so much is happening in everone's life -

Dawn - When a little pet dies, you always feel such a sense of failing somehow - but the years of love and all the little lovey things you did for Lily made her life so rich and happy. Beginnings and endings. The middle time is the longest and always the best.

And wee kitties! I'm so sorry you lost them, Ellen, I'm glad you have M&M! Calicos are the best.

What a pretty daylily, Jaye. The colors are extraordinary! That's one I'd love to have.

Beautiful beautiful handcrafted things. I can't decide now whose things are the most wonderful!

I just finished a knit hat all patterned all over, but it's a tad big. Darn. We'll just have to get DH's head bigger, that's all.

Hellebores, forget me nots, spider lilies, foxgloves, scrophularia, and (this is weird!) GRASS are all green outside since the snow melted! Today we planted witch hazel seeds. They should be up in 2007.

Love to you all this 2006 Eve.

Barb

• budsnblooms
    18 years ago

I'm so sorry about all your loses...Dawn, Ellen, and Angie??? Is that everyone who has lost someone/something lately??

Anita...Please check in when you can...We are all worried about little David.

The boxes everyone is receiving sounds wonderful. It will be very difficult to decide between them. Sounds like most of us had a wonderful Christmas.

Are we having a January exchange?

Deni your e-mail clue's are great, but I have absolutely no idea....I will keep trying though:0)

Cathy,Janet,Becky,Susan,Joey,CindyS,Susan...It's been a long time since we heard from you...Are you gals and Joey okay?

I hope everyone has a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Debbie/budsnblooms

• skohler
    18 years ago

SOrry I have Not Had a chance to read up on what has been going on .
    Busy Month with xmas , New babies Hand feeding now &
    5 more to hand feed later this month :))
    Plus a New Puppy but he's been very easy to train Unreal but true very pleased with him :)))

& like many of you trying to keep up on all the robins
    I have going on or that I have joined :)))
    Can hardly Wait to Hear what DAWN Has in store
    For the JAnuary swap :)))

Trully Sorry For all the lost Family members , pet's ,
    & friendship's this pass Year & Hope we Can all
    Have a great New Year to look forward to.

Happy New Year to All my new Friends Here in The
    TDL forum .

susie

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Happy New Year!
    I too haven't been posting much, but am trying to keep up.
    I want to take care of several things now.
    Deni, please don't include me in the games this time. Too busy. But Please do include me in the list to welcome newcomers in 2006. I still remember that special someone who sent a surprise to me!!! You know who you are! ...(Marea).

Dawn, I will Not be joining in the January swap.

I was so sorry to hear of all the pet losses in Dec. I think Dawn's swap is a fantastic idea to help heal and to help the rest of us pet owners appreciate what we have!

Sharon/tma

• raggedyann161420
    18 years ago

Good Afternoon,

Deni, I'm so lost, I read your clues, but have no clue.

Dawn, So sorry about Lily,and I sent you an e-mail. I hope you can pass on and maybe get the information I need.

I am going to pass on the January box, but I will be more than happy to send something to those that join.

I've had a week from %$## @ work, they are going to move a client because he is not getting along with another at the house. It is not his fault, due to the fact that in his past he was abused by others. I'm going to miss him but I know that he will be in good hands. This transition will be very stressful not only to him but to the staff taking care of him.

Jo, I'm working on the assignment you asked me to do today.

Canna, The tablerunner and quilt are just fabulous!

Shirley, I love your new iris pond and please do post a picture of the raggedy nativity scene that you found.

Earthly, Awwwwwww your new pup is cute, and I'm sure he/she will adjust soon. Although you can see the energy in his/her eyes. LOL

If I've missed anyone, please forgive me. Ididn't take notes while reading the post.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    {{gwi:26777}}

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Tana-I bet it did take a long time to make the hanging poinsetta. It has such detail. I can't quit looking at it, I still have it hanging up. I just love it. Love your story about the mustang grape jelly and I agree the grapes are a gift from God to us. No I did not paint the decorations on my fireplace, a friend painted those for me.
    She is so talented. Here is a Santa she painted also.

Marea-Love that daylily 'Finding Blue' just gorgeous.

Deni-Thanks for the new member list. I guess Jaye and Ellen have the last Birthdays of 2005.

Jaye & Ellen-Happy Belated Brithday. Hope it was the best ever.

Earthly-Love your new puppy. He looks like he is full of mischief.

Angie-Thanks for checking on the throw for me. I will have to sell alot of flowers to get one of those. Hope I can do that before Christmas next year. My DD would love it.

Nancy-Yes I am lucky to have a niece that buys nice things for me. In fact I have three that are just like my own daughter. One is vacationing in Florida and calls me almost everynight. She is due home today. I worry when they are traveling.

Barb-Cute joke....I pray for good news this Friday. Keep us posted.

Annie-Here is the Raggedytivity I bought for one of my nieces. She has a log home and I knew she would like it. Her husband has made every piece of furniture for their home and boy is he talented.

{{gwi:1320656}}

Happy New Year everyone. Hope this will be a good year for all of us. Hope we can all do lots of trades and make many new friends.

Shirley

• namso
    18 years ago

Happy new year all.

might be a long post...thanks for letting me ramble :) Animals on mind...

Its starting out to be a good year here, we have also adopted a new puppy. :). won't get her until 1/6, she is from the shelter and they won't release until she is spayed. i am a bit worried as she is only 3 months old and the last time we had a puppy was 12 years ago, they said 6 months minimum then. the shelter tells me technology has improved and it is not an option. i just feel old and worried :).
    My heart aches for those who have lost their pets. i have been in that boat since we lost my beloved Babe last summer. She was the best dog ever and i will not forget her. But remaining dog Midnight is quickly turning into a fat couch potatoe as well as us:) without her spark and need to run.
    Also and most importantly, those who believe in signs, I received one. To make a long story short, I believe my grandmother who also passed this year selected this dog for me.

Names - anyone who has any ideas can chime in. We are thinking of Ellie Mae (grandmas last dog) or Truly....(below is why for me, DH loved chitti chitty bang bang movie).... she is a boxer/shepard mix tan...black muzzle and tail...white not even socks.

Truly Angelic

Maryanne, oh he is so cute! and i think different is good :)...saves you from trying to compare :)> oh and loved the lily pics. beautiful.

Susie, oh may i keep my fingers crossed for easy to train too???? please??? oh and we need pic of new puppy and new baby birds too :):) 5 more?! oh my.

Nancy, i just laughed at your chistmas with dogs and not sharing. Midnight is a huge toy lover and not generally a sharer. but brother had his puppy over at christmas and she kept picking up her toys and trying to interest the puppy in them. i think it was because the puppy didn't want them lol.

Ellen - grats on the new kitty.!

Shirley, think you will know when the time is right.:)

Sherri - oh how scary! sure glad Frazier is OK. :)and more thanks.

Dawn, think you can count me IN. Well in thinking, the name Dawn kindof goes with midnight eh?
    seriously my thoughts remain with you and you are so kind and sweet to organize.

Know i missed people, will try and check back soon.

Cindy O

• marybz5ny
    18 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,
    Missed getting on and wishing you all a Happy New Year yesterday. Hoping that this is the beginning of a wonderful new year for all of us.

Dawn, I think that going with Susie's idea (and expanding on it) for a feathered friend swap is a good one. I am in and will email you when I'm off here.

MaryAnne, what a cute pup! He does look full of mischief!

Cindy and Marea, love the daylily pictures. Marea, looks like you are coming very close in your quest for a blue daylily. It's beautiful.

Barb, hoping for good news from you after Friday. Hope that you will be "gardening yourself silly" come spring. Sounds like it was a wonderful, happy Christmas at your house. Is there a new picture of Marie?

Cindy, a new puppy! How exciting to have that to look forward to! Please post a picture of her when she arrives home? Any name yet? Interested in hearing about the sign you received?????

Deni, I too am no good at your game! You and Meghan are too good at making up the clues and my head is too tired of thinking from Christmas still. I'm going to have to pop over to your site though and look at what everyone else is thinking. I also would be happy to supply a welcoming box to a new member this year. Let me know.

Need to do a few things before work today so better get a move on. Have a good Monday everyone.
    MaryB

• skohler
    18 years ago

well gm just wanted to share with you all that we have went from here {{gwi:1320658}}

to
    {{gwi:1320659}}

in just 2 short weeks yep these are the babies :)))
    & I have 3 out 0f 5 eggs hatched as of last evening :)))

they are just a tad spoiled all ready :))) by next week they will be ready for their new homes.

well time for feeding & then off to get my day going .

susie

• TakingRoot
    18 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,

Hope everyone had a wonderful first day of the NEW YEAR.
    We ALL have so much to look forward to this year, new beginnings and a continuation of our friendships here via ciber-space....

I just wanted to take a moment to share a bit of what my New Year's Eve was like (also my birthday)....
    My daughter surprised me with a surpise birthday party....boy were there a lot of people here....I felt so honored that eveyone came and there was so much food.....but wait, I thought that was it. Then she sat me down in front of all my friends and proceded to say that this was about my past, my present and my future. Oh, I didn't know what to expect...so she presented me with a beautiful purple scrapbook filled with pictures and each page had garden sayings or something philisophical, she outdid herself in the design. She had one page with pictures of her on it and little heart with things like, nurse, chef, chauffer, teacher, etc...she said that those were the things I have been to her. And as I turned the pages it kept getting better and better, pictures of my dad, my grandfather, family members that I have lost, baby pictures of me, baby pictures of cousins, etc. Point is that some pictures I have NEVER seen and some that I hadn't seen since I was 7 or eight. A page was dedicated to each family members that we have lost....mother, brother, grandfather, father, aunt, etc. and some funny pictures of me and my brother when we were babies and 4 and 5. Ok...so I sat in TEARS, because I didn't know how she had access to all these pictures....some I knew she had never seen. Come to find out she had gotten my entire family from all over the country to send them to her! She had been working on it for a few months. Ok, that was my "past".....then she presented me with a rough draft of a book she is writing...that was my "present" and for my "future" she presented me with an airline ticket to go see my family for 2 1/2 weeks! I was blown away! I also got many other gifts and cards from hubby and friends and my wonderful neighbors, a bedroom makeover and a kitchen makeover! All I can say is WOW what a wonderful birthday it was! As if me getting my dream truck wasn't enough! My daughter said that I am her hero and inspiration and the reason why she is who she is and that I have been a real trooper the last few years in all that I have endured, so that's why she did this for me. I'm still on a cloud! There's so much more but I wanted to share a little with my daylily family, so I hope you all don't mind me sharing my wonderful day. You all are dear to me.

Susie~ Your babies are adorable and boy do they grow FAST! I would love to have one someday.

Barb~ I too, hope you get good news!

Cindy~ Congrats on the new puppy, she's lucky to have you as her new momma!

Marea~ AWESOME daylily! Where can I find that one?

Well of to play with one of my gifts (candle maker).

Hope everyone's day today is great!

Jaye

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

I had written a long letter two dys ago and thought it posted....

now i see it didint.. bummer!

was very sick AGAin! 27th.. thru... but I am fine now! I wrote so much I cant recall. So much packs into the days..
    husband goes back to work on wed so i catch up then...

I should take notes.. I come on to say something and after i read i have tons to say,,,, but no time..

are you all not glad!

Super cute joke!

I have a great great idea, for us, for this coming year.

Dawn hugs...
    marea.. i dont know???
    ellen too cute~ mand m!
    barb tooo funny joke..
    debbie i heard from susan..
    deni... your brain, or my brain cant keep up with you! grin
    angies christmas present...great MIL anie! I loveeeee it!
    I want one of those white birds!!!
    ill post photos later.. have a friend who paints too..
    I smell bacon....
    later
    Jo keep us informed on baby david little feet.. oh my gosh thats aweful.. tell anita punch that girl!!!!! woops sorry.. ok SLap!

JAE.... toooooooooooooo cool! They love yah girl.. you did good!
    wooo now smell eggs...
    later! hugs g

• tanarae
    18 years ago

Thanks Shirley, your friend is very talented. She does a great job of painting her stuff. I paint also but just have not had the time in some time now. I hope to take it up again as soon as I get my business up and going. By then maybe I will have a little more time to do the things I love. I hope to be open in March and quit my full time job. It will be nice to have some time to focus on my loves, gardening, art and crafting. I am excited to be able to use my skills at something I love. Hope everyone has a wonderful new year! Tanarae

• mamabirrd
    18 years ago

Morning everyone, and Happy New Year!

I typed one of my LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG posts and it disappeared off into cyberspace somewhere. That really irks me. I sat here for over an hour, adding pictures, etc., then just as I was about to preview, all my open windows just decided to close. I am too stomping mad to re-do it right now, but when I get home this afternoon i'll try to get everything posted I wanted to say.

Just wanted to give you a JAN SWAP update.........I guess it's a go! I will be hosting and I am receiving all of your emails and will respond later today. I would like everyone to let me know if they are in or skipping this month by Friday morning. I will send out the swap details Friday afternoon. The JAN. GIVE TO THE ANIMALS swap will have a mailing deadline of Jan. 28th (Sat.)

I will also send out your partner's name along with the swap details. I am tenatively planning on letting my African Grey pick names.

I've got some really great suggestions from all of you for the swap and will try to use them all.

I am also going to ask everyone involved in the swap to reply to an email I will send out before the end of the week. It will ask you to list your pets, their names, their likes/dislikes, any outdoor critters you may take care of, etc. You will fill in the blanks, then hit "Reply all" so we can all have a copy. This will be a great help to your partner. If you are not in the swap, feel free to fill it out and pass it along. I'm sure it will be nice to have for future reference.

Well, I have to get a move on. I am going to look at a 100 acre farm this morning. I am beyond excited. Please keep your fingers crossed. It is just gorgeous and would be a dream come true to live there.

BBL...

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• TakingRoot
    18 years ago

Hi All,

Just wanted to stop in to let Dawn know that I will be sitting out this months swap due to the fact that I will be in my home town with my family for 2 1/2 weeks and will probably be starting a new job the following week. But I will try to check in from time to time once I go home to see my family which will be starting next week. I know the swap will be wonderful and hate that I have to miss any...but this one is a must. Look forward to Feb.

Jaye

• TakingRoot
    18 years ago

Oh, and my vote before I forget; is for JO, her sending multiple boxes and handcrafting items especially the nativity set was awesome, along with making me a "winter" box and personalizing and tayloring it to me...just fabulous!....you go JO!!!!

Jaye

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

seems everytime i post with something lengthy, it doesn't take, so i am just dropping by to say i would be interested in the animal swap.

• juspeachy
    18 years ago

Hello All,

(((Jaye))),
    What a WONDERFUL gift. I am sooooo happy for you. You have a fantastic time and ENJOY every minute. What a great family.

Dawn,
    I am so looking forward to Jan. swap. Did you get the e-mail I sent you for Lilly? Oh, I will keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you on the farm prospect. Good luck.

Deni,
    Please count me in for sending a welcome box. Will you have some guidelines or just what we feel is a good assortment of goodies for our newbies?

Susie,
    Your babies have gotten so big. I had forgotten how quickly they grow. I love seeing the pics. Now if those were my birds, they would have that $60 shredded into tiny pieces. For some reason, they love to shred paper, always have.You have a new puppy too? Wow, all of you are gonna need some good running shoes.

Shirley,
    I love that little nativety. Of course, I have downloaded the pic, and will have to make one. (grin)(will be a little different of course) My grandbabies mom wants one for Christmas next year. She fell in love with it. Your friend is one talented lady. Awesome work there. Love all your unusual pieces.

Barb,
    Loved the joke, too cute. What a wonderful Christmas you had. I am so pleased for you.

Gloria,
    I will keep you posted. Anita still cannot get on GW, she is not sure why. Also, her computer keeps kicking her offline. She can't stay online for more than a few minutes at a time. I will keep you all posted on that as well.

Ellen, (our computer guru, grin)
    Any ideas what the problem might be?I am glad you found a new little kitty to share your home. Your box sounds fantastic. That list for your kids is a wonderful idea.

Cindy,
    I am very happy for you. A new puppy will surely get you (and midnight) up off that couch though. Hope you got a new pair of running shoes for Christmas.Yes, I believe our passed loved ones watch over us, and help when they can. She saw a need in you and filled it with your new little family member. Don't worry, she found her for you, she will keep her safe.I think the name Truly is adorable.
    Love the DL too.

Annie,
    Thank you girl, you are a gem.

Debbie,
    Good to hear from you. Hope your Christmas was wonderful.

MaryB,
    Hi Mary!!!Get some rest and be ready for Feb. swap. sounds like MammG has a great idea.I am sending you an e-mail in just a bit.

Angie,
    How did your party go? Love your throw, what a wonderful reminder(and keepsake) of your childrens trip. Did you get my e-mail about the project I need help with?

Marea,
    I love your DL finding blue. That is just gorgeous. Is that pic from your garden? If it is, I am sooooo jealous girl. It is outstandingly gorgeous. Could we maybe do some research and see if I might be your long lost sister? And you would then feel the need to give me lots and lots of your gorgeous daylilies cause you would be so happy to have found me? (big grins)

We need to vote on the box that you feel came the closest to showing the true meaning of Christmas I have only heard from a couple of you. Please let me know so I can give away my prize

thanks all,
    have a great evening,hugs all round,

Jo/juspeachy

• juspeachy
    18 years ago

Hi Again everyone,

I want to say thank you and tell everyone who voted for me for the Dec. box how truly touched I am that you believe my box came the closest. That means so much to me. I just cannot tell you how much it means to me. But, I do have to disqualify myself from this. I made these items specifically for this purpose, and I want to give them to one of our group. So, PLEASE everyone, do a review, and choose who you feel came the closest. And, thank you all again.
    I am now gonna go and sit and bask in the warmth of the lovely feelings you all have given me.

hugs again,

Jo

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

hey.... have you heard that presious paul has single mindedly come up with a grand idea..... sally told me that bonnie told her that dave told them that paul is gonna send us all free flowers....

gotta love that paul!!!! what a doll! smiles to pauls wife! love lola.... IM NO Fool!!! grin

• luvmybulbs
    18 years ago

Happy New Year everyone.

Jo the party went great, his friends-my friends got along great. Of course we drank way too much, but what the heck.

So everyone, this is Kevin, he is the one taking up all of my spare time. He is a sweety. We have been dating 5 months now.

{{gwi:1320660}}

I have to pass on the January swap. I am going to be working 6 days a week for the next two or so months, so I don't know if I will have the time. And the only animal I have left besides the boys, is a turtle. And I almost killed him. He is a basement dweller. I hadn't seen him for a couple weeks and I found him trapped in a trash bag last night. There were bite marks on the bag, so I don't know if he was trapped or hidding. But he is alive. Do turtles hibernate? I have only had him for 2 months and don't know much about them.

Glad to see everyone is well!!!!! I have to get to bed, been having a hard time making it on time to work.

Take care
    Angie
    luvmybulbs

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Oh darn... Gloria ruined the surprise. Well, I guess I'll just have to keep all these for myself.

Paul

• onesherri
    18 years ago

Good morning everyone, hope everyone is off to a good start this year.

Sharon, I wanted to thank you again for the seeds. I just got all of them of the fridge last night to make tags and get them ready to be planted. I didn't realize I had so many. After looking through them I realized I didn't care if I planted mine, yours were better. :) Thanks again.

Merea, I love that finding blue. Will have to add to my wish list that is alread to long. :)

Thanks to everyone for the pics, they remind me of whats to come. The weather here has actually been really mild, I almost went out and weeded yesterday. It was so nice.
    I need to sit out of the next two swaps. Jake is having his surgery on the 9th of this month and I can't make a plan a month ahead so a year will just get me into trouble. :) Have a thought about this too. What happens for the newcomers for xmas if we start this already? Sherri

• mamabirrd
    18 years ago

Good morning,

I have lots to say, but want to cover the JAN. SWAP first. Here is the list of players so far. Please let me know if I am missing anyone...

myself
    Jo
    Susie
    Cindy O
    Debbie
    Marea
    Carol
    Maryanne
    Carmen
    Mary B
    Rebecca

Don't forget! Deadline for sign-ups will be Friday morning. I still haven't heard from everyone yet. Thanks to those of you that let me know you will be skipping this month. I'm sure we'll all miss you.

This swap is going to be so much fun and I appreciate all the ideas you have sent me so far.

BBinabit....

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Sherri, I hope my seeds germinate. The 2 I have planted so far did germinate. But if you can, please let me know a % of germination of my seeds. I need to know if I need to get better at seed collection. :o>

Angie, great picture! You two look like a Darling couple!

Paul, Oh please don't keep them all to yourself!

Susie, the bird pictures are grand! I got a 3 CD 'Best of Johnnie Carson' for Christmas and my daughter saw the Myna Bird part and announced she wanted a 'talking bird'.
    Can I tell a funny bird story here? . . . A friend from work and his wife had a new bird and they kept trying to get it to say words. Then they got a new puppy who 'pooped' quite often. The first words the bird said was 'Poopy Puppy', the endearing name the owners had given to the new puppy. ;o)

Earthly, your new puppy looks beautiful!

Marea, loved the picture of the daylily!
    Now I have to post a couple pictures myself.

Blooming for the first time - 2 Amaryllis's
    Scarlet Baby is one that Deni sent me just a little while ago. Papilleo I've had for 3 years and am delighted to finally have a bloom!

Bummer - Image Shack is updating and won't let me post the pictures right now.

Later folks

sharon/tma

• mareas
    18 years ago

Angie!! Your photo is so sweet, it's so obviously he loves you deeply. *sniff* And you two are so beautiful together. Thanks for sharing ~ *grin*

Jo - I have already started sharing daylilies with you, silly sister!

FINDING BLUE - photo i showed you is Stamile's - is a 2006 introduction by Grace Stamile which they will ship to me in April. Wanted so many of their daylilies but chose that one above the rest.
    I gave you a link to their website at the bottom of my post. Most of the time I have to hit the refresh button for their site to load but its worth it.color>

WHITE FLOWER FARM CATALOG!! If you don't get one in the mail this week, go the website & see if you can request one - it is filled with completely beautiful photos of mouthwatering new plants. I got mine this morning & may have to go curl up with a cat & a mug of cocoa and a drool rag while I wait for Sharon to load photos.

SEEDS: I completed my 2006 seed collection at last! I scored (Black Mingo x Eyes of Blue) and (Victorian Lace x Eyes of Blue), as well as a Blueberries & Cream crosses collection, so here's hoping i get 100 fat little seedlings this year. And someplace to put them. Guess I'd better start reading up on vertical gardening before i read any more catalogs.
    Off to work marea

Here is a link that might be useful: Stamile's website

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I vote for Gloria's box to me being the best box, true meaning of christmas a beautiful caring gift from the heart.my vote gloria the green kitty lady.one of my amarillys is starting to bloom, a first for me, I am excited. hugs to all carol

• tanarae
    18 years ago

Hello Ladies and gents, does anyone know where I might order some tropical hibiscus seed. I have been searching on the net and haven't had any luck. My boss's wife seems to think I am a plant guru of some sort, LOL and ask me if I could locate some for her to purchase. I told her I'd try but no luck so far. Tanarae

• mareas
    18 years ago

Emailin' ya, Tanarae, right after I google a bit.

Three more things:
    M&M's coming, Gloria with a Silver keepsake box with cobalt roses

Here is one of my favorite views in my neighborhood:
    {{gwi:1320661}}

And this one's for you Dawn -
    {{gwi:1320662}}

Dawn, why don't you take the next post to make the whole January Swap thing easier for you??

Peace & love ~m'

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Ok, here are the pictures I promised:
    The Amaryllis's Scarlet Baby and Papilleo
    {{gwi:1320663}}

And me Christmas morning with my favorite Christmas present:
    From the kids, a Calendar titled 'Why Paint Cats'. It is so cool, painted cats for each month. They were not hurt in any way.
    {{gwi:1320664}}

Someone start a new post now!
    Sharon/tma

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Image Shack still wasn't working so I went to my old site at Picture Trail and was surprised to find some pictures that I have deleted from my computer. So you want to see a few more????? OK!
    Remember my Purple Parrot Tulip from Spring?
    {{gwi:1320665}}

and the Pink Fringed Tulip - my favorite
    {{gwi:1320666}}

Can't wait for Spring!
    Sharon/tma

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Oh, Look, I get to post another picture!

Here is my backyard in December, just before I put the Christmas lights on the Arbor, small pine tree and the garden Shed.

{{gwi:1320667}}

It was 45 degrees and NO Snow when I took the lights down!
    It was really great having the lights in the backyard where we could see them each night for dinner.

Sharon/tma

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Marea, your neighborhood is heavenly . . . I'm coming to live with you!
    And you are so talented, love the animal Christmas painting!
    sharon/tma

• dirtpig
    18 years ago

Hello all..
    Just wanted to post so I can get in the Jan swap...

Someone start a new thread..please..BIG HUGS

Jean