SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen33302

Can Anyone Please ID This Insect?...Some Kind of Catepillar?

kathleen33302
17 years ago

Today when I got home I noticed there was some kind of catepillar(?) on my sweatshirt. It was a windy day and I had been sitting under a tree so I assume it came from the tree. I live in Houston and had been on the University of Houston campus. It is very bizarre looking and I have never seen anything like it and could not find anything like it online so I'm hoping someone else might know what it is...I have 2 pictures, but unfortunately they aren't very clear since all I had was my camera phone. below I've attempted to describe its appearence...

It looks most like some sort of catepiller. It is about a centimeter long and about a third as wide as it is long. It is covered in a soft, grayish brown fur that looks and feels exactely like rabbit fur. It has some kind of suction type legs and moves very slowly. The fur forms a kind of hood around the head and it can hide its head completely under it or peak out of it. On its rear end the hair forms a small curl that looks like a little tail. There are no spikes, horns, or antenneas on it.

Image link:

Comments (6)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor