SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamabirrd

UPDATE: 6800 plus Traveling Daylilies posts!!

mamabirrd
18 years ago

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. We have the most awesome group of traders, proven, experienced, honest, giving, sharing and awesome loving people. The way into this group is to have traded and proven yourself honest. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

We are currently doing our December/Christmas swap box. Don't forget to get those packages out before the Dec. 15 deadline!

G, I started a new thread for you so you could stay in bed and continue eating cookies and M&M's! Feel better quick!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

Comments (101)

• namso
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Good morning all

Quick check in to tell you what a great box I got from Maryanne/earthly yesterday! wow this box was full of treats, all beautifullt wrapped. yep it was christmas here. :) included was:
    .A matching set of snowman plates, napkins and cups - perfect for all the goodies she sent
    .Folgers coffee, hot chocolate and assorted teas! love choice to keep warm with!
    .Dog Buscuits - Midnight is a happy camper
    .Funny wind-up toy :)
    .Chocolates...hershey minitures and assorted filled chocolates :):)
    .Cookies....almond macaroon from a local italian bakery...yum.
    .Not one but 2 adoradle tree ornaments! snoman :).
    .2 Large red/green star shaped candy dishes...filled one with green juju's and one with nuts.
    .A homemade rice krispy treat christmas tee. awesome.
    .Votive pet candles!
    .Homemade Zuchinni Relish - man does this look good. cannot wait to try :).
    .And to make my own homemade :), a gingerbread cookie mix and cookie cutter too!

As for the memory, Maryanne was kind enough to share with me her memories of her childhood christmas traditions. Food, fun presents, her mom (who took too long too open pkg's hehe)...was like being there :).

I loved everything Maryanne. Thankyou so much for sharing.

Cindy O

• cannahavana
    18 years ago

My secret swap box has taken flight! I hope it doesn't get caught in the snow :).

I have receipes!

This is one I got from Kraft. I made it last year.

Holiday Marble Bark

6 squares of semi-sweet or bittersweet baking chocolate (be sure to share a piece with a young child if using the latter :)
    6 squares of white baking chocolate
    1 cup crushed peppermint candies (about 50 peppermint starlight candies, put in ziplock bag and wack it with a hammer)

MICROWAVE semi-sweet and white chocolates in separate bowls on HIGH 2 minutes or until almost melted, stirring halfway through heating time. Stir until completely melted.

STIR ½ cup of the peppermint candies into each bowl. Alternately spoon melted chocolates onto wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Swirl chocolates together with a knife to get a marbleize effect.

REFRIDGERATE 1 hour and until firm. Break into pieces. Makes about 1 pound.

The next is from my sister.

Kathleen's Sauerkraut Salad
    (serves 10)

1 can Sauerkraut, drained (16 oz.)
    1 cup Grated carrots
    1 cup Chopped celery
    1 cup Green pepper
    1 cup Chopped onion
    1 jar Diced pimentos, drained (4 oz.)
    ¾ Sugar
    ½ Vegetable oil
    The rest of the mints from above recipe after you eat this.

In a large bowl, mix sauerkraut, carrots, celery, green pepper, onion and pimentos.
    In a small bowl, combine sugar and oil.
    Pour over vegetables and mix well.
    Cover and refridgerate for at least 8 hours.

I was surprised, but this is really good!

Ya'll have a good one and stay warm! The snow barely missed us last night. Just left black ice behind. It was fun driving this morning.

• Related Discussions

update: update traveling daylilies (pictures 9)

Q

Comments (42)
    Hi all! Thought I would come by and bombard you with a few pics. Paul, I want to go on vacation with you. B.B. COLLINS (named for a neighbor of mine hybridized by a neighbor of mine :) BORDER SENTRY CALYN AND CAITLYN CHEROKEE BEAUTY FORESTLAKE POINT LACE INQUIRE WITHIN KING OF MASKS ORGANIZED CHAOS REIGNING PINK LEMONADE ROSE PARFAIT SHRIMP AND GRITS Dakota grooming a scape for his first time entering a daylily show Dakota winning Best Youth Award with FOOLED ME. He was a half point from winning Best In Show overall. I was proud as punch! Kids at the Knoxville Zoo last month. Us at neighbor's house. Maleah in the neighbor's garden. View of the Smoky Mountains from neighbor's garden. This garden is like a half mile from my house up on a ridge. The couple who owns it are dentists. The wife is from Vietnam and is the neatest person. We first met them a few weeks ago and never knew they were up there on the ridge behind our house. She grows the yummiest veggies! Ok, I am done for today :). ~Canna
    ...See More

Travelling Daylilies 5400 posts!! Send a daylily...

Q

Comments (100)
    Shirley, I'm a Medical Technologist. Since most people have no idea of what that is, here is a short explaination. 4 years college, 1 year intership. I work in a hospital laboratory. We are the people who set up the blood for transfusions, microbiology (find out what bacteria you have), all the blood tests when you have your blood taken (hemoglobin, Blood sugars), urine tests, stool tests, sperm counts, Cerebral Spinal Fluid, any fluids from your body get tested by us. We also help draw blood, but please don't get us confused with the Phlebotomy team, they only draw blood for a living. I enjoy my job and the people probably because I work part-time. When the kids are done with school, then I will be full-time. Dawn, I grew Kong Mosiac Coleus from seed this year. It didn't do so well for me, probably since I had it in partial sun. Can't wait to hear more about the Lu'au. Well, today is our 22 wedding aniversary and hubby will be working very late. But we will celebrate this weekend. Also, I'm covered with poison Ivy. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how I got it. But then I put 2 and 2 together. Hubby and son were at the cottage for several days, so I let Ahi the cat sleep with me. HE is an outdoor/indoor cat. I bet he had it on his fur and the rest is history, or the rest is on me. The worst patch is on my neck where he loves to rub. I'm the biggest baby when it comes to Poison Ivy. I scratch and scratch. I'm trying really hard not to scratch my neck and face. (silent scream) Dawn, since you are into coleus, I thought you might get a kick out of a no-name coleus that did great for me. Pic is on the front porch. Grew this one from seed also. (Grow all of mine from seed). And since we need a Daylily picture, here is Knights in White Satin with tall red salvia and Rudbeckia gloriosa. This is KIWS last bloom. :o( And since I just have to post a picture of this Rudbeckia, I'm not sure what it is called. Took me all summer to fall in love with it. Now I will be sad to see it go. Now I need to go back to SCRATCHING! Sharon
    ...See More

UPDATE: traveling daylily angels 5500 send & get daylilies

Q

Comments (100)
    Hey ya! I hope everyone had a nice long weekend to enjoy. Beautiful weather here! Sherri, wish I could keep her this size. MaryB, a diagram for you :). Lots more stuff in there not pictured. Brugmansia 'Creamsickle' three blooms on a heat stressed plant and Coleus 'Lava Rose'- my favorite coleus this year. My business is slow as expected when starting out. I have a partial website (go figure?), my license, business cards. Made a bag with my logo on it that I carry around. I have about 6 websites going right now. Enough to pay the business bills. BTW, Gloria I have a bill for you coming your way today :). Love ya, Hottie! CindyO, you are about 350 miles for me, well duh, I guess you already know how far. I would love to come! I can drop my back seat in the Blazer and make lots of room, but I would have to leave the kids with you so I could haul the loot back home. Love that seedling of yours! I just picked the last of the seedpods yesterday. Now we have about 1000 seeds to figure out where to plant. Marea! YAY, a tropical! Diane, got your test email. Debbie, happy B-day! Miss Susan, have you and Dan gone off and got married without us? The Stapelia you sent me last year is about to bloom any day now. I may be cussing you soon :). Anita, your in my thoughts. Deni, if you can read this, you are the most thoughtful and generous soul! ~Canna
    ...See More

update: 6700 plus traveling daylilies posts !!

Q

Comments (100)
    Gloria, I'm glad you are feeling better, thanks for the compliment, and thanks for letting me know I wouldn't get sent to the corner this month. I will have to stock up on chocolate just in case for future bribery. Marea, Oh I'm guilty, I saw what you typed, but wasn't for sure excactly what you wanted. I would have sent you the addresses that I have, but never received an e-mail from you. Do you still need them? I would also miss all the pictures you and others have been posting. Although I don't have alot of daylilies, You sure have helped me add to my want list! HOSTA, IRIS, and DAYLILIES OH MY! My son's favorite dessert is Cheesecake.........and yes, here is another one. Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake This is nice rich holiday desert, but the mint flavor adds a cool refreshing contrast to the creamy chocolate-studded filling 2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafers (about 38 cookies ½ cup butter ( must be butter, no substitutes) 2 - 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened 1 cup of sugar 1/3 cup green creme de menthe liqueur 3 eggs 3 8-oz cartons of sour cream 1 cup 6 oz. miniature semisweet chocolate pieces 1 oz semisweet chocolate 1 teaspoon shortening COMBINE crushed wafers and butter in a medium bowl; toss gently. Press mixture on bottom and 2 inches up sides of 9-inch springform pan. Set aside. FOR FILLING, beat cream cheese and sugar in large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, till combined. Beat in creme de menthe. Add eggs all at once, beating on low speed just till combined. Stir in sour cream till combined; stir in the 1 cup of minature semisweet chocolate pieces. POUR filling into crust-lined pan. Set the pan on a shallow baking pan on the oven rack. Bake at 375 for 50-55 minutes or till the center appears nearly set when shaken. REMOVE springform pan from baking pan. Cool cheesecake in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Use a small metal spatula to loosen crust from sides of pan. Cool 1 hour; cover and chill at least 4 hours. (Cheesecake may be made ahead and frozen, tightly wrapped, for up to 1 month) FOR TOPPING, melt the 1 oz of semisweet chocolate and shortening in a small saucepan over low heat. Drizzle chocolate atop chilled cheesecake then chill till set, slice and enjoy! I think all the recipes have been great and have been coping and pasting them to another folder then printing them off just in case. I just love copy/past feature! OH yes, and here is another of Shelby's favorite. Well all food is his favorite. He takes after me.....if something is edible I will like it. But have to control myself because I gain lbs.....so very easy. Doesn't take me long to put on extra pounds. Peppermint -Mocha Coffee 6 cups of brewed coffee 4 squares of Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate 1 1/2 cups of hot milk 1 tsp. peppermint extract 8 peppermint sticks POUR coffee into a large saucepan. Add chocolate; cook on low heat for 5 minutes. or until chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally. ADD milk and extract; stir until well blended. Garnish each serving with a peppermint stick. To make a peppermint-coated rim, moisten rim with wet paper towel then dip in crushed peppermint candies on a sheet of waxed paper. Let stand inverted until ready to fill with coffee. Life is Good,
    ...See More
  • cannahavana
    18 years ago

Crud, the last recipe is

¾ cup sugar
    ½ cup vegetable oil

• skohler
    18 years ago

A SPRING BEFORE & AFTER ENHANCMENT BY A EBAY FRIEND

this is or was my best friend & pet Deni she passed this last aug but I had a friend touch up my picture
    so I could print it off to hang :))) & here is what he did for me :)))

i just had to share with you all for it is without snow :))) .

Gloria : I know you must be very busy or maybe your not feeling well but I really would like to know that you recieved the Dec 10th Xmas box & that it didnt go to
    your neighbor . please take a sec to let me know ok .
    conf#says it was recieved the 5th.

HAve a great day all .
    susie

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh Susie........that picture of your sweet baby brought tears to my eyes. It is beautiful and your friend did such a wonderful job. I wish I could give you a hug!

4-5" of snow last night....kucky!

Hi Canna! Great recipe's.

Cody, yes, that thread is amusing. Someone here just mentioned Dollywood.......I love Dolly Parton. : )

Just wanted to pop in to say my Dec. package is on the way too! I have a conf.# if anyone wants it. :)
    Ho Ho Ho! Hope my secret pal enjoys everything.

Back to decorating..........Fa la la la la.......
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• juspeachy
    18 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Dianne,
    I am still alive and enjoying working on the cookbook. I am glad you are staying warm. We have over a foot of the white stuff. How about you? And talk about COLD!!!!! The wind is blowing and the drifting his bad. I looked out in my drive a while ago, and I had to laugh. The front of my car (and the roof) are totally bare, but the trunk and back window of it are covered with over a foot of snow. The wind is straight out of the north, and it drifted there, too funny looking.

(((GLORIA))),
    Where are you girl???? Hope you are ok, please post and let us know.

Susie,
    Congrats on your babies. They are so cute to watch, I just love 'em. Your Cockatoo is just gorgeous, I am so glad you have that beautiful pic to remember her by.

Mary S,
    Oh that is so beautiful, your garden looks so inviting. I love it.

Canna,
    You go and have a ball, win lots of money to spend on Daylilies so you will more to trade with us. hehehehe

Marea,
    I just adore your pansies, they are so pretty. I think that pic is pretty enough to print out and frame.

Deni????
    Where are you??? Hope you are ok, post and let us know how you are doing???

Jean,
    Gorgeous pics. They are sooooo pretty, make you want to be there.

Shirley,
    I played hookie from work today too. The roads were real bad this AM, so just called in and said "Not coming". I have worked on Christmas presants all day, and listened to Bing Crosby's Christmas songs. Too fun.

The boxes sound great, EVERYONE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THEM, WE WILL BE VOTING ONCE EVERYONE RECEIVES!!!

My box went to my secret pal this AM, PO is just 2 doors away, so makes it real easy even in this weather.

Anita,
    I have left you 2 messages on your machine, WHERE ARE 'YA GIRL??? I can't believe you went off somewhere in this weather. I REALLY need to speak to you.
    CALL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Well, off to make more gifts,

Have a great night all,

big hugs all round,

Jo/juspeachy

• raggedyann161420
    18 years ago

Good news, I called the company to see if the gift I bought for my secret partner has been sent and they told me yes it has and should be here no later than Tues. YIPPPPPI

Nancy, I love pretzels dipped in the chocolate.

Susie,such a nice picture of your baby, and so nice of your friend to do that for you.

Jo,wow that is a lot of snow! We ended up with only 4 inches of the white stuff and sooo cold out. I remember I have an ornament,it is a musical one of Bing Crosby, but I can't remember the song on it. I will have to dig it out along with the one of Bob Hope and operation Santa, but for the life of me I can't remember what song is on that one either.(senior moment here)

Marea, are those icicle pansies? What-ever they are they are beautiful!

Jean, I will have to put Milred Seaver and Rising Sun on my list of wants.

Nice boxes everyone, I'm excited about sending this box out, and I really enjoyed collecting things to send. I will post the confirmation number when I do.

Going to take a nap before I leave at 10:00.I hate the cold weather since I'm getting older, and I could become a hermit if I didn't have to work.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    {{gwi:26777}}

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

My secret pal box went out today. Hope they like what I sent.

Jo-I love being home & getting lots of things done with hubby at work. If he's home I just can't get as much done.
    Here are some of the irises on your want list.
    Coral Point

Betty Dunn

Paradise Saved

You don't have this on your list But I love it.
    Estatic Echo

I have some others on your list but not the pictures yet.

Dawn-I love Dolly Parton also. I hope to be at Dollywood on opening day in 2006 so I can see her. She's always at Dollywood when it first opens. She gave away life time passes last year. Would love to have gotten one of those.
    My Daugter bought me the book that Stella (Dolly's sister)wrote about Dolly's life. One of the best books ever.

Marea-You are so observant, yes the mountain road is a short cut from my house to Cannas. Its fast to go interstate 40 but quicker over the mountain. They are bad to close the mountain road if it gets bad weather though.

Susie-I love the touched up picture of your best friend. Just beautiful.

Cindy-Nice box from Maryanne. It's going to be tough choosing the best one.

Canna-That marble bark recipe sounds so good.

Shirley

• User
    18 years ago

{{gwi:1319586}}
    Well, Cindy sure does know how to stuff a great Christmas box or two!

Day before yesterday a gift certificate receipt came in the mail from White Oak Farms in Illinois. I was delighted and made a mental note to check them out on the internet. Things got hectic here and I didn't get a chance to thank Cindy that night.

Got home last night from our gig at the nursing home dementia unit of Santa (Walt) and his personal assistant (me) to 2 enormous heavy boxes on the porch.

Cindy O sent me:
    The gift certificate (she could have stopped right there)
    a warm fleece blanket of fir trees and reindeer
    3 THREE! jars of bath salts (I could live in the bathtub)
    a big tin of Cadbury cookies
    a tin of white fudge cookies (Yum)
    a magnetic Christmas theme mailbox cover
    a lavender lotion set
    an adorable crystal snowman ornament for the tree
    a handcast buff colored cement stepping stone for my garden with an imprinted rose (the edge broke in transit, but it's still beautiful and usable, Cindy!)
    Snausages for Maizie
    Reece's peanut butter cups for Walt
    a Payday for me
    a receiving blanket for my grandbaby
    and as a tribute to her special Christmas memory of Grandma reading to her, a Disney StoryBook collection so I can start my own reading tradition with the baby.

And (Gloria, stop reading right here), a card with a Christmas tree made of STACKED FROGS!! Cracked me up!

Namso/Cindy O, thank you so much for the terrific surprise and the great gifts!

Dianne/dian57

My box is going out this morning--had to deal with 11.5 inches of snow yesterday. A day's delay for my Secret Christmas pal (I added more cookies to make it up to you)

• namso
    18 years ago

Good afternoon all,

Great boxes and pics everyone!! the pics keep me going til spring :)

Dianne, so glad you liked your box :).

Maryanne, tried that zuchiini relish and OMG is that good! I think i need a case of that:) and a spoon.
    recipie police - seek out Miss Maryanne, she is harboring a front cover must have.

Shirley, loved the iris pics:) too, esp the Betty Dunn. very pretty. im so excited for spring this year...have a bunch of iris from trade that didn't bloom last so new things to look forward too:) and won't have to wait all the way to dl season :). love the half tree idea too - how cool!

Sharon - Dh is a hot tub finatic too :). and i was so sure we'd never use it. Not so! one of the best things we ever did.

Marea - huge bummer on the house!!!!!!!! hope that some progress is forthcoming.

Annie, keep working on that camera...would love to see pics :) of those ornaments.

Susie, any more babies?

Cody, i think MOD looks cool in the pic. only prob is that it doesn't do that all the time lol.

Cindy O/namso

Beijing

• skohler
    18 years ago

Well 2 babies of the 4 eggs 1 died 7 one egg not fertil
    but they are cute :))) so so tiny
    also the other pair have started to lay & sitting on eggs looks to be maybe 2 so far :))

Here is the update now on my kitchen Done :))) well i want small curtains but daddy says
    quote .
    Whats the since of putting in a NEW window if your
    going to cover it up ?????
    I know he is right but I still want a little color to
    it :))) am I right or not ???? HELP

{{gwi:1319588}}

I hope to trade for a few irises come this Spring :))
    anyone Know who or what is being planned for the
    January swap ?????

I think we should Do A Feathered friend swap for our
    outdoor friends like birdhouse, feeder , or birdbath.
    suit cakes ect ect send anything that has to do
    with NATURE Just a thought .

well have a gret day all

susie

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

huh?????????????????????

susie????? your sending me a christmas box???? better check with canna as i think she is my secret snata... you girls are sneaky but i am seriously not that dumb!!!! good try helpers!!!!

annie.. if your santa baby gives you a viking.. then my santa baby is in biggggggggggggg trouble...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I want to be in that garden club... oh man do i... 18 tress right up my alley!
    The most i have ever had is 4...
    regular one, a lucy and me one a gingerbread candy one and and angel one and and and .. i must have a bigger house,,,, MUST
    I got my camera upload working so i will post photos later tonight...

need to know if any of you all have a old
    almond roca candy recipe.. tried and true,,,,
    carol.... no need honey to respond... double grins but you have a great recipe for a fudge recipe... lol

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh does the complete can of milk not go into the fudge????? woops.... lol

This santa is going with the helper who said boxes out by dec. 15th.. i like her mindset best as all my stuff is here just have not boxed it up.. help.... neat stuff tho if i do say so myself!

guess ill have to wait for mine to come first.... grinning big! tenn is such a nice state!

These boxes are awesome.. you all are doing a great job.. you all have such special hearts to always be giving of yourselfs....

we are going to a holiday light show tnight around a lake... its so fun.. so i must go and prepare some food...

please psot candy recipe if you have it! hugs g

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

I like the 15th better too. I'm frantically trying to get my box together, but I'm working today, so I don't think I'll have it out. It should be in the mail by Monday. Sorry... my first swap and I'm already messing up :-(. Well... I hope to make it up by sending real imaginitive stuff to my partner... unfortunately, my imagination is a little twisted :).
    Thanks,
    Paul

• veeja11
    18 years ago

ok Gloria get it right 3/4 cup of evaporated milk not whole can, no wonder it's runny. I made a batch yesterday only prpblem is I can't stop eating it. I put my tree up yesterday. Susie gave me the most beautiful wolf ornament. put it high up on tree front and center it is The best ornament I have. Thankyou Susie, I also got another wolf from Beth B, which is also a beautifull wolf. Friends are wonderful, I have been telling my children for years that I collect wolves and each one sends me some kind of a teddy bear ornament, guess they figure it's a wild animal, oh well they are all cute. happy baking all. carol

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Gloria

Caramel Pecan Candy
    1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
    20 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
    1 pkg (14 oz) caramels
    3 cups pecan halves, toasted
    Topping
    3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    3 TBSP butter
    3 TBSP heavy whipping cream
    3 TBSP light corn syrup
    3/4 tsp vanilla extract
    Melt 1/3 cup butter; stir in the cookie crumbs.
    Press into an ungreased 9-in. sq baking dish.
    Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 min. or until set.
    Cool on a wire rack. In a saucepan over low heat,
    melt cramels & remaining butter. Stir in the pecans. Pour over the crust. Cool

I love this fudge recipe

Fudge candy
    2 cups sugar
    1 stick butter or marg.
    3 tbs. cocoa
    1/2 cup milk
    1 tsp vanilla
    Mix sugar, cocoa & butter in saucepan, add milk.
    Put on hot burner & stir continuously. Let come
    to a rolling boil & time for 1 1/2 min. Take off
    burner & add vanilla; beat with mixer (approx 9 mins)until thick enough to drop on buttered dish. (Work fast because it sets up fast).
    Add-nuts if desired.

• ellenh
    18 years ago

Ever have one of those days. Well today was it. After frantically packing everything (I had a lot to ship), I missed the post office. I guess I don't qualify for the ____ award :( Paul don't feel too bad, you're not alone.

My daughter has joined all of us colder climate folks in having serious zone denial (remember this my three year old.) Yesterday, she changed her season appropriate clothes, by herself, into a very short sun dress with matching hat. She looked sooo cute, I thought of taking a picture for you all to see but I thought that it was a might too short to publish on the web. When she later changed, she put on another short skirt (at least you couldn't see her underwear with this one on!) Now she's refusing to wear a shirt. She just has pants on.

Suzie- on the question of curtain or no curtain, I think I can answer this one. When I moved into my house, I opted for the clean look. MY MIL was horrified that I didn't have any curtains. She was afraid that someone might be peeping into the house. Never mind that I have woods surrounding my house. To see into my windows, you'd have to be trespassing. At this point, I'm tired of the bare look. Yes my windows and trim are nice, but curtains add a finishing touch. They soften the hard lines of the windows. They don't have to cover the window, just edge it.

Jo - sent you a couple of emails when you were asking for help - did you get them? Never heard back from you. How's the computer doing?

Well time to get back to work :( When you work from home, your work is always staring at you reminding you that there's more stuff you need to do.

Ellen

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Suzie, Your kitchen looks great! I'm with you though, I'd put at least a swag or drape a colorful peice of fabric over a decorative rod to bring in some color. Your baby looks adorable with the rainbow behind him.

Jean what is the white shrub in your first picture? It's really pretty and about the size of something I'd like to have. It is about the same size as my mock orange but yours is rounder. Also, what are the purple taller blooms behind your hostas? They're very pretty too.

Marea, your pansies are gorgeous! I can't believe someone ran off with $20,000! I sure hope they catch them and you get it back soon!!!

Shirley, Betty Dunne is beautiful and I also like Estatic Echo too.

Gloria, you're supposed to read the directions hun. Hasn't anyone ever told you that's what they're for? LOL It's ok though, I make my mom's old timey Hershey's Fudge recipe once in a while and sometimes if the weather isn't right it doesn't set. We always just grabbed a spoon and had fudge sauce. Ummm, it's still good!

Anita, where are you girl? Come out, come out!

The packages are so great! It's fun seeing what everyone got.

Dawn, can you let my little elf know that Santa is going to be a little late this year but he will be leaving the North Pole on Monday! He's very sorry to be late but hope it will be worth the wait. I too missed the mailman today while I was out finishing up my last few things to go in it.

Have a great weekend folks!

Nancy

• skohler
    18 years ago

GLORIA No Mistake on my part I was told to send to you for the Xmas box & that is what I Did sweety

Label/Receipt Number: 0304 1560 0005 8057 4066

Your item was delivered at 11:18 am on December 05, 2005 in DAHLONEGA, GA 30533.

is this not your home town ????
    I would like to know who recieved the box if you did not
    get it .

can you please check it out on your end . someone in your neighborhood recieved your box & enjoying your M&M"S
    & other choclates goodies.
    & a very special shower goodie just for the kid in you .

thank you all for the curtain advice & I will have something up there one day :)) after the holidays .

have a good night all

susie

P.S
    lets ask the cordinator of this dec robin was I to send to gloria ?? Please check your list .

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

greetings one and all.

i'm learning...make notes as you go along reading all the posts so you can comment without forgetting. i think i missed something like an entire thread maybe -- there's going to be a TDL cookbook? where are all the recipes using plants and flowers?

annie -- wow, that pillow sounds so sharp. i would welcome a picture of it whenever you get a chance. i can't say that i ever heard of ragball ornaments, but i would sure like to see them too. and i really had to laugh about your christmas wish. when my kitchen was being renovated a few years after i moved into my home, that's what i wanted. but then reality hit. i'm content with what i have, but i still lust after it!

canna -- years ago at our circle group, a woman came armed with a saukerkraut salad. not being a fan of what i call sourcrap, i was a little reluctant to try it, but people were raving. i gave in, decided i loved it (maybe because it's sweetened) and make a variation of it myself on occasion.

sue -- a tear came to my eye seeing that picture of deni. what a wonderful picture that is, your friend sure did an excellent job. and as for your curtain situation, i have to agree that something needs to go there. a valance would suffice, and then maybe some sun catchers on the window (a whole new collection to start).

sharon - i don't understand the buckets of water to the hot tub. do you have to empty and refill like a regular tub? i thought they stayed filled. why wouldn't you use a hose? help me understand. it was one of two things i was going to buy myself last year until i got laid off. again, reality hit. (i hate reality some times).

okay, who talked about the trees? i only wrote trees on my little cheat sheet. i am one of those decorating freaks, but i wouldn't know where to put 18. i usually do one for each room, with the exception of the bathroom.

shirley, shirley, shirley -- i am DROOOOOOOOOOLING over those iris. pass me a handkerchief, please!

dianne - what a wonderful box you received. what a fantastic idea with the book cindy sent and cindy, what a wonderful thing to share and pass on. i love that kind of stuff. it's so from the heart!

paul -- twisted is a real good thing, you know :)
    how are you doing these days?

cindy, i'm so glad you are enjoying that relish. it's excellent, isn't it? and thank you so much for your vote of confidence!

dawn, i love your yard. is the plant on the left another type of sweet potato vine?

jean, excellent pictures and you gave me a very inspiring idea with a shady spot in my yard. is the white flowering shrub a climbing rose or spirea, or am i way off base?

it's so cold tonight. the sun was so bright melting snow all day and now it's so frigid and it's treacherous on the road/walkways. i know we just started our winter, and the snow only just begun, but so far the only thing i am tired of is driving in a heavy coat or jacket. it's so uncomfortable.

my son made cookies today while i took mommy-to-be out christmas shopping for him. she spent my money well although we got him a lot of nice things. tomorrow i take him to shop for her.

okay, so i don't post much but when i do i tend to ramble on....so i'll end here and wish you all a pleasant sunday.

maryanne/earthly

• juspeachy
    18 years ago

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING EVERYONE,

It is cold and nasty, with another snowstorm on the way, but I think it is a great day, as I do not have to work. HEHEHE!!!

Susie,
    YES, you are correct, you were to send to Gloria.

Gloria,
    You better find that box "FAST".She says someone is out there eating "YOUR" M&M's. Go get 'em girl. (grinz)

Maryanne,
    Yes, we have been working on the cookbook for over a year now. If you have any recipes you do for EVERY" Christmas, please post them so that I can add them in. We are currently doing a section for Family traditions Christmas recipes. Would love to get at least one from EVERYONE.

As you all know my DH has been out of work for 3 1/2 years due to plant closing. (he worked there 30 years) since then he has moved from one seasonal job to the next. we have had a difficult time making ends meet. Well, it is official. He has been hired full time, and we now have health insurance and a steady paycheck. HOOOOORAYYYYYTY.

To celebrate, we went Christmas shopping. Yes, it went on plastic, but we have been awefully good for over 3 years.
    HE got several new tools he has been needing, plus a table saw. Need this to make things for the new greenhouse (grin)
    I got....... A dishwasher!!!! I have wanted one for a long time, it is wonderful, the first thing I asked the sales clerk was, 'Do I have to rinse the dishes off before I put them in? She said, not with this model, it has a built in garbage disposal, and a sensor that knows when to vacuum
    out the food particles, it has several water heat settings, and cycles, it is an "energy star", so if it senses that there are not very many food particles in the water, it will skip that cycle. It is just great. But that isn't all, he also got me a new stove, ours is so old and getting bad, everything still works, but it doesn't look so good anymore, and it really uses up the electric. This new one is one of the ones that has the ceramic top, and the oven is the same, no exposed elements "at all", so easy to clean,AND it is self cleaning,which my old one is not. It also has a little warming section on the cooktop. I LOVE IT!!! I am so excited, (sad isn't it?) They will be in on Tues.(I wanted them in the soft cream color) That means I will have them to cook (and wash) for Christmas dinner. YAAAYYYYYY.

OHHHHH Shirley,
    You KNOW I want some of each of those right? I think my iris addiction could easily surpass my daylily addiction if I let it. Once you let me know all the ones you have, you can also let me know what ones you might want, I will buy enough of each of those for both of us, and then we can trade for the ones you have that I want.
    How does that sound? hehehe

Nancy,
    Good to see you posting more often. Missed you sweety.

Anita,
    Did you have a great time at both B-day parties?Call me and tell me how they went. Sorry we didn't get to talk too much last night.Did you get lots of pics of little D, please post some, we want to see the handsome little guy.

Paul,
    Good to see you posting too. Missed your twisted sense of humor.(big grinz)

Well, off to get something done. Have a great day all,

big hugs to all,

Jo/juspeachy

• User
    18 years ago

Susie, your kitchen looks great but I do agree you need some color.

That's a pretty large area of bare wall over the window. If you don't want to occlude your view, consider hanging something decorative above it. Or hang a valance that ends at the top of the window--that will fool the eye into thinking the window is taller.

Here's what I did with my kitchen window. I didn't want a fabric curtain as it's so close to the stove and would get greasy. The stained glass valance is to block the sun's killer 3-4 pm rays (just as I would start preparing dinner).
    {{gwi:1319589}}

Now that the bones of your kitchen are set, have fun adding the homey touches that will make it your own. And don't be shy--pick a color and paint! And if you don't like it, paint again.

Jo--congratulations on DH's job and your new dishwasher. I predict you'll be sleeping better from now on.

Dianne/dian57

• skohler
    18 years ago

thank you Jo
    for Letting me know I hadn't misunderstood although
    it has happened before.
    I sure Hope that gloria can fine the box intact with all her goodies for I cannot afford to replace all that I had into it .
    Gloria : It really don't matter that you might not had use for what I sent you but I had fun picking it out for you :)) & I just wanted to know you have recieved it . :))))

Earthly : welcome Back & thank you for the input I have
    lots of ideas to dress up the windows so there will still be light . & color .

Jo also just wanted to say congrats to your hubby's new job & on getting your new dishwasher myself I don't mind doing my dishes for I have a deeeppppper sink to hold more dishes till the end of day :)))) takes me maybe 10 mins :))))
    have a great day to all
    susie

• juspeachy
    18 years ago

Hi All,

Me again. I am posting for Anita.

She wants her Dec. partner to know that her box will be late. So many things going on. She is having a very rough time right now. But she will get her box out as soon as she is able.
    Please say prayers for her everyone. she is so in need of them.
    She will post again as soon as she is able.

Jo

• mareas
    18 years ago

Those are hybrid VIOLAS in that last photo I posted.
    They bloom most of the Winter here, whereas the Pansies (larger flowers) just hang on and wait for early Spring to flower much. My local greenhouse is a treasure & grows some new colors every year, and the violas reseed themselves freely, so my daylily pots are doing double duty with a rainbow of tiny flowers.

((Anita)) I wish there was something I could do with my magic wand to help - all I can do is let you know I'm somebody that wants you to be happy with everybody you love surrounding you in peace with big smiles.

Jo - Congratulations on DH's Job AND your dishwasher! I've been drooling at dishwashers & I'm happy for you!

OH YES DIANNE - that is just beautiful! I was thinking just a flowery valance on top of Susie's shiny new window and door... You sure went the extra mile and turned your whole alcove into art! And you have Blue Willow shining there to boot - wowza.

Gloria - I sure hope you post that you got Susie's box!!

Thanks for the new recipes - yummy! Off to go look at the daylily forum before I go back to work at sewing alterations - Stay warm everybody! Marea

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Hi everyone.
    Spring pictures??? How about some pictures of my back yard today? As you can see things are still green and blooming (Charles Grimaldi brug) in southern California.

{{gwi:1319590}}

Here's an orchid called Golden Elf, has slight lemony scent.

{{gwi:1319591}}

My jade is blooming

{{gwi:1319593}}

Hope that warms you up a little :-).

Canna, great to hear about your inflo. What kind is it? Would love to see some photos when she blooms.

{{gwi:1238356}}

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well Mr. Paul C.................

I've got two words for you.....WHITE OUT

Those were taken about two minutes ago......what a mess!
    Paul, I am so appreciative of your pictures and have been begging DH to move to So.Cal. I am very jealous of you. How far are you from Laguna Beach? That's where I want to be.
    Thank you for sharing your bloomin' beauties. It sure helped to brighten this gloomy day.

Jo, it was so fun reading your post today. I am thrilled for you! Congrats to your DH on the job. That is just wonderful. I can sympathize, as we just got news that the General Motors plant where my father and someday-to-be brother-in-law work will be closing down in 2007. It is a huge blow to the area, and a terrible shame for the employees. I am hoping and praying for the best. My dad has worked at his plant for a long time and doesn't deserve this so close to retirement. And my sister's fiancee' has his whole life ahead of him........
    Yahoo on the dishwasher. I'd love one of those! Sounds like you got a really good one. When we did our kitchen a couple of years ago I thought, "what the heck do I need a dishwasher for?????"
    Boy, am I an idiot.
    So glad for you. I was smiling ear to ear reading what you wrote.

Dianne!!!!!!!!! Dianne, Dianne, Dianne.............I LOVE that valance. It is beautiful. I'm assuming you had it custom made? What a fabulous idea. I've never seen stained glass used in that fashion. Lovely! I think I need to copy.........hee hee

Susie, you kitchen looks great. Go ahead and experiment with color. You can easily put a swag over the window without covering it up. Or a stencil, or a piece of artwork.......
    My kitchen window is small, so I opted not to use a curtain. Instead I hung a wood carving above the window that matches my maple cabinets. It gives it a little something...

Or like Dianne said, you could fool the eye into thinking the window is taller. I like to hang valances over some of my doorways......but you could do the same with a window....

Earthly, are you talking about the yellow & green variegated plant? Love reading your posts!

Marea, I hope you catch the son of a gun that stole your loot. What a horrible shame, and I hope things work out. I can't imagine what you & DH must be going through. If I was able, I'd come out there myself! Makes me mad : (
    Wish there was something I could do..........

Well, it's time to eat dinner and watch the game. We played a 1 o'clock game, but we taped it 'cause DH was busy. I hope we won!! GO STEELERS!

I'll leave you with the snowman I built last night.....

Warm, fuzzy hugs to all..........
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Jo, I'm so happy to hear that your luck has changed! I hope this will be the best job ever for your DH. Congrats on the dishwasher. I am going to be in the market soon for a new one as well as a microwave. I doubt I'll get one with a built in disposal since we have a septic tank we never use the disposal we have.

Earthly, you sure raised your son right! I didn't know they could bake cookies! ;-)

Dawn, brrrrrr, just peeking into your yard is freezing me to death. It sure is pretty though.

Paul, there you go bragging again! As usual you have plenty to brag about. Gorgeous pics, I'd like to smell that orchid.

Dian, what a lovely way to decorate a window. I just adore stained glass and wanted to take lessons but it is so expensive and of course now that I'm working and could probably pay for them I don't have time. Maybe when I retire! I've always wanted a window sized one in my kitchen.

Anita, you are in my prayers too and wish I could give you a hug! ((((ANITA)))) I keep praying that things will work out with your family. Remember this is the season of miracles!

Jo, what kinds of gifts are you making? I'd love to see them.

I am sending two boxes tomorrow for my secret partner. I hope they both get there at the same time but if not there's nothing that goes with anything else so nothing to spoil a surprise. Delivery confirmation #'s are:

420 14876 9101 0385 5574 9625 1507 05 and
    420 14876 9101 0385 5574 9635 1038 52

Going to watch TV with DH. Have a great night ya'll.

Nancy

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

Oh SANTA..... OH SANTA YOU DID ME WELL....

MY DAUGHTER COMES HERE EVERYDAY AFTER WORK.... I PAY HER SOMETIMES TO "HELP ME"
    SHE JUST PUT DONW HER TIME AND I PAY HER... AS YOU ALL KNOW I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET.... LAST WEEK WE HAD A DELIVERY DAY OF BOXES OF STOCK WE ORDERED.. YOU KNOW I HAVE THIOS FRIEND THAT SELLS BULBS ON EBAY.... WANT TO KNOW HER NAME... GRIN

SHE SELLS AWESOME BULBS..... FLOWER BULBS... MORE GRINS..

SO ALL THE STOCK BOXES WENT INTO THE STOCK ROOM....

YEP YOU GUESSED IT... SUES BOX WAS A BIGGIES AND WENT INTO THE STOCK ROOM...

IF THE PRICE IS FOR THE MOST FUN BOX SHE WINS HANDS DOWN...

i THINK I KNOW WHAT SHE THINKS ID HAVE THE MOST FUN WITH.... ITS A RADIO FOR THE SHOWER ITS A MAND M RADIO..... TOOOOO CUTE....
    SHE SENT NOTHING BUT THINGS THAT PUT SMILES ON MY FACE...
    BUT THE CUTEST THING EVER WAS THIS SNOWMAN ON A ROCKER.... YOU PINCH HIM AND HE BEINGINS TO THRWO HIS WEIGHT AS HE SINGS,,, WHEN HE DOES THIS HE STARTS THE ROCKER... MY WHOLE FAMILY HAVE LOST THEIR MNDS OVER THIS... IGRAB EVERYONE AS THEY COME THREW THE DOOR TAKE THEM TO THE COUNTER AND MAKE THEM WATCH.. MY BEST GIRL FRIEND TRIED TO STEAL IT SHE WAS YELLING I HAVE TO HAVE ONE.. I SAID NO,,, SHE SAID I DONT CARE WHO SENT YOU THAT EMAIL HER NOW AND FIND OUT WHERE SHE GO IT...

ITS SO CUTE! tHE CANDY I HAVE ALREADY HID, GRIN, AND DID YOU MAKE THE PEANUT BRITTLE? tHE BIRD PLANT PAL IS TOTALY CUTE! i MEAN IT I LOVE IT... LOVE LOVE LOVE!
    tHERE WAS A CANDLE AND A SANTA BASKET AND IM MAKING COOKIES AND BURNING THEM.. I CAN SMELL THEM... SO THANKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! i APPRECIATE IT.... EVERYTHING WAS WRAPPED SO PRETTY TOO! SANTA DID ME GOOD!

• mary_s
    18 years ago

Hello everyone!

Jo, So happy to hear about your DH's new job and you will love your new stove and dishwasher....just in time for Christmas!

Paul, Those are beautiful pics....Its hard to believe you could have flowers like that the middle of Dec!

Dawn, Those pics look like the weather we were having about a week ago! We got the snow too but it was too cold to make a good snowman. We are finally out of the deepfreeze and it actually was above freezing the last couple of days and did a little melting outside! Horaay!
    I love your curtain above the door....so cute...did you make it?

Anita, (((hugs))). Thinking of you and hope whatever is happening in your life gets better soon!

Susie, Your kitchen is so cute. I imagine you will really enjoy it. My kitchen is a disaster! DH is so messy with all his stuff! Just like children, tho...you have to pick your battles! I guess I let him think he is winning this one! Hmmmmmmm.

Dian...Your window is so cool. Can you look out and see all those hostas???

Speaking of hostas....

{{gwi:1319600}}

Do you think I am getting too many?
    PS The baskets are to protect the mini ones from the squirrels and rabbits!

{{gwi:1308714}}

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

oh ps...

canna is making me something.... i thought she was being slick.. i thought she was my secret santa.... now i think she is even more wonderfulto do it and shes not santa....
    ok canna.. this gives you one free pass... you may say the f word once... but knowing you you will slip so might want to save the pass....by the way... why dont all those little warty, peeing, green slimy f's freeze off in the winter???? curious minds wnat to know...

paul.. i use to live in san diego...
    sue you kitchen is alot cleaner than mine,,, mine has that burnt cookie smell...yup... cant bake or measure milk correctly.... but i can make some jam up fudge sauce... with hubbys help... grin

• mary_s
    18 years ago

I just had to post again today because the mailman brought my secret santa box!!! Canna sent me the most wonderful surprise package! Here is a picture

{{gwi:1319601}}

Here is what she sent:
    Special Ornament: She sent 4 glass ornaments (Santa, Snowman, Stars and sunflower) and a set of patriotic snowmen ornaments
    Cookies: She sent a set of Christmas cookie cutters since she has not made her holiday cookies yet. She also sent some homemade Oriental Persimmon Jam.
    Chocolate Candy: Lindor truffles (YUM)
    She wrote about making Christmas sugar cookies as a child for her Christmas memory and included the recipe! Something Silly: a set of lights in the shape of trees
    Something to make me feel warm: 2 pkg of flavored coffee
    Something special from the heart: a Quilt calendar
    The true meaning of Christmas: a neat poem by Brian K Walters. I will post it later.
    This was so much fun. Thanks, Canna for making my day! Mary

• skohler
    18 years ago

Gloria so glad the lost was found had me in a cornor and about ready to come tear appart your neighborhood.
    as for the radio it was from menards , Singing santa
    on the rocking horse came from yep you guessed it wally
    world :))) HUMMMM

well now I can start working on my box for my JANUARY
    PAl Wounder what she collect's or what her bad habbits are > " ribbit ribbit "

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I received my December swap/Secret Santa package today and you all won't believe it. I am moved beyond words! Our dear friend Jo sent me the most amazing things. She made this Christmas very special. I am going to take pics in the morning when I have better light so you all can get a good look at what she has given me.
    It was truly a blessing.
    Thank you so much Jo!!!!!!
    I think you all will agree that Jo wins this one. : )

See ya' in the morning........

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• tanarae
    18 years ago

Hello Ladies, just a quick note to let you all know that I also recieved my secret santa box from Dianne, and what a wonderful box it is!!! I will also post a picture tomorrow so everyone can see but I can tell you that it had the most delicious homemade cookies in it. My favorite cookies of all time are pecan sandy shortbread cookies and guess what I got in the box. Wow and they are soooooooo gooooooood! I have to say that I am NOT SHARING! All I need now is the recipe Dianne, hint hint! Tanarae

• ellenh
    18 years ago

Hi everyone!

Got my box out today finally. Hope she/he likes it! Made something special for it. I just hope that s/he likes it. It was a lot of fun to make.

Ellen

• User
    18 years ago

Wow, I just opened my email and got messages from eBay that 3 of the auctions I'm bidding on have been cancelled due to revocation of the seller's accounts. I checked it out on the ebay website and sure enough, the auctions are gone. I guess there's new ebay police in town. Interesting.

So glad you're enjoying the cookies, Tana. They're Greek Crescent Cookies in our family, Oleo Balls in Joey's and Mexican Wedding Cakes in someone else's here. I'll forward the recipe later.

Love to all, Dianne/dian57

• juspeachy
    18 years ago

Morning everyone,

Just a quick check in, lots more to do today. It is COOOOOOOOOLD out this morning.

Nancy,
    I am making everyone in my family a pair of flannel drawsting jammie bottoms. You know the ones that cost like $15 in the stores. Well, at work for black friday, we had our flannel (which is normally $4.99 yd.) on sale for .96 cents a yd. I snagged yds. and yds. of it. Also, I am making everyone a cornbag, and covering them with a little flannel pillowcase that can be removed and washed. And several of my family and friends are getting new fleece blankets this year. The grand kids are each getting a flannel pillowcase for their bed pillows. The 3yr. old LOVES pink, so,(you guessed it) hers is pink with little kittys all over it. My grandson loves anything to do with cars, so his is covered with all kinds of cars, and his fav thing is anything John Deere. So, his jammies are made from John Deere flannel. Also making ornaments from sculpey, and DD is making ornaments from brown paper bags, they are adorable and very inexpensive to make. I will post a couple pics later on, with some of each in them.

Ellen,
    Don't know if I told you or not, but I put the bubblewrap in my GH and Wow, what a difference. It works great.
    Since I live in a really old house (about 110) we have decided that we do not care how it looks, we are using it on the inside of our windows. We have storms, but they do not do a very good job.We always put plastic on the outside, but if we put both, I think it should do great. And since I get it free where I work, (lots of stuff comes wrapped in it) I think it is a good investment in keeping my heating bill down this winter. One of the things we are going to do this coming year is put in replacement windows. We will do one room at a time till they are all done.

Gloria and Susie,
    So glad the box was found. Sounds like a really fun one too.

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!
    I have received a couple e-mails from people saying they have del con. that their secret partners box was delivered, but they have not posted. PLEASE!!!!! Post what you received, so your awesome partner can be entered in the __________ box contest.

Have a fantastic day everyone,

big hugs,
    Jo/juspeachy

• cannahavana
    18 years ago

Morning all!

I survived my weekend and broke even, so no loss. I did lose $100 on Saturday, but Sunday morning I got on the quarter machines with $50 and won $200. Then I stopped and went home, LOL! When we got to the mountains to go over, the ranger just opened the road due to ice conditions. It was pretty icy going over, but they had put the ice solution down to melt it. On Sunday, the road was closed, so we went through Maggie Valley to the interstate to come home. It was alot of fun. My SIL and I shared a room and we were up all night talking and catching up. We went to high school together and were close friends. We don't get to see each other very much. Boy was I crashing by Sunday evening. I'm too old to be doing that! LOL!

I came home to Doug telling me that we had some property stolen off our deck. We had borrowed an aluminum siding bender/brake to do the trim on our house. Doug had not worked on it in awhile because it keeps raining on the weekends. A friend of ours was so kind to let us borrow it so that we didn't have to rent. Now we have to replace it at the cost of $1000. This thing is 10' 6" long and takes two good sized men to pick it up and carry it off. Plus they would have to have a truck or trailer to haul it. I spent all afternoon in the rain yesterday talking to my neighbors and leaving flyers explaining what had happen, but no one saw anything. I did have a sweet neighbor call me when she saw the flyer and wished she could help me and that she was sorry it had happened. I have a strong feeling that it was one of my neighbors who did this. He is quite a shady person. I found out that he used to do vinyl siding for a living, so he would know what it was. This isn't the first time we have had things stolen. It's pathetic what people will do to their fellow man, especially right before Christmas. Luckily, I have most of the gifts except for my inlaws, and I am sure they would understand. Doug has put all stop on any more Christmas spending so that we can buy another brake for our friend. Our insurance covers replacement, but we have a high deductible and plus our premiums would go up. I am just so sick!

Anywho, Gloria that is too funny that you thought I was your secret Santa! No wonder you kept telling me to hurry! LOL! I am almost done and should have it out by the end of the week, that is if I can pry it out of my own hands, so pretty!

Paul, I have two plummie seedlings and two unnamed cuttings. All are about 4 ft tall.

I love all the kitchen ideas! Diane, did you do the stained glass yourself? I have my lighthouse you made in my kitchen window :) My window is between two cabinets and Doug put a piece across the top to box it in and added a light. I have a valance across the top of the window.

Diane, I am having problems with an ebay seller too. I first emailed her to ask about shipping on some fabric last week and never got a response. Then I had someone else email her the same question and she got a response. Then, I go to buy the fabric and I have to send a message to her to send me the amount on shipping and she has not responded yet. I cannot complete my transaction until she contacts me. Apparently she does not want my business. It is some fabric that I can't find locally and she has the best prices for it.

I better get busy for the day. I have to go pawn shopping to see if the stolen brake was pawned off. I am determined to find it!

• dirtpig
    18 years ago

Morning all..I just want to let my Dec partner know that I sent they'er box out yesterday late afternoon.I'm sorry..just couldn't get my stuff together.Hope you enjoy opening and unwrapping :-)
    Lets see white shurb is you guess it spirea..I just love these things..I keep this one trimmed back,other wise it takes over the whole area.Purple flower behind the hostas are Hesperis matronalis(Sweet Rocket or Dames' voilet)..I have both purlpe and white..They were so thick in that area I was out there pulling like crazy last spring...and ya know they flower for ever!Self seed too..the white and purlpe must have gotten together cause I have the most beautifull shade of pale violet you ever saw too.

Glora your just to funny..Losing your christmas box..LOL..so glad you found it.

Jo..what good news DH getting a full time job and a new dishwasher..I know I can't wait for mine to get here..still waiting on the call.They had to order the stove and dishwasher..I still can't believe I'm getting a NEW stove..this will the first one for me..all have been used..hehe..

Susis nice,nice kitchen..I wish mine looked like that..someday it will..I might be 90 when it does,but it will..I'm going with the rest pick some colorfully paint hun..but watch what you pick..you wouldn't believe what we spent on paint last year for our frontroom(grandroom or what ever you want to call it room)..WOW.

Deni beautifull,beautifull bird...so nice of your friend to touch it up,adding the rainbow.
    Oh,oh,oh..I like your idea for Jan too.

Mary,Mary what are you saying to many what??hostas..can it be?Thats like say you have to many daylilies..LOL...OH and the anwser is NO!Love your pathway..so pretty..
    Dianne..your stained glass is just so kewl..neat idea.

Shirle..oh nice iris..love Estalic Echo and Betty Duin.
    I'm praying that all I planted this year will make it tho the winter and spring..we have very WET springs..I think I put in more iris this last year then I did anything else.

Some old TB's..don't you just love the colors together.

Paul,Paul..S california..warm all year round..wow is there really,really a place like that..LOL..more picture of all those beauties please.

A few daylilies and hosta for you today.

Dawn..just alittle snow there...LOL..we just have a dusting of snow..but it's warmed up..it's been in the high 20's all week :-)..loving it..helps keeps these gas bills down..

Well be well all and try to enjoy yourselfs

• cannahavana
    18 years ago
  • pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Yeehah... I got my box out. Changed my mind on a couple of things so I could fit it all into a Flat Rate box. I hope my pal likes it. I got two more to put together for other swaps, then I'm done! Well... not really... gotta shop for the kids :).

Canna, so sorry to hear about the theft. It's so sad how people behave. There was a local story where a family has been going all out decorating their front yard for Christmas for many years... well, this year some knucklehead stole one of their large statues. Next day the family took down everything, except for a sign that explained why there was no display this year and apologizing to the kids... so sad.

All we can do is trust in the greater power and do our part to make the world a little better and hope it makes a difference.

Take care of yourselves,
    Paul

• TakingRoot
    18 years ago

Hi All,

Just a quick check in....rec'vd box from secret pal! Will be back to post all the goodies later....the box for my secret pal is going to be going out a little late (tomorrow)....sorry, but I hope they like everything in it.

Gotta run...be back later....

Jaye

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Diane and Canna-I too have gotten an e-mail from Ebay saying something I bidded on was cancelled. And I so wanted those Wiggle DVD'S. Dawson my grandson is crazy over the wiggles. He carries the DVD cases around with him. So cuteeeeee. If anyone has any of these their kids or grandkids have gotten tired of LMK.

Dianne-Love the wooden piece and the stained glass around your window. NEat idea.

Canna-So sorry to hear about the stealing. Hope you get a lead on the culprit. Wouldn't you like to catch someone in the act. Boy I would.

Jean-Love the picture of all the different flowers. All blooming at once. Gorgeous I'm worried about all the new irises I planted too. It has been so wet and I lost way to many last year.

Dawn-Love your snowman. Its been along time since I built a snowman out of snow. I would like to slow down and enjoy things like that again. My favorite line is I DON'T HAVE TIME. Hope I can make a news resolution to take time.

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

EBAY ADVISE....

THIS IS THE WORSE TIME OF THE YEAR SO UNLESS YOUR SELLER HAS A LOT OF FEEDBACK... AND HAS BEEN ON OVER A YEAR I WOULNT BID IF SOMETHING WAS FREE......

I EVEN ORDERED TWO COLORBOOKS.... 98 CENTSx2
    THE SHIPPING 7.50 HELLO?????? HELLO???? I DIDNT SEE THAT SO I NICLELY ASK THE SELLER TO DO A DISCOUNT,,,, SHE FIRES BACK NO WAY,,,, SHE THREATENS ME... OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MAJOR MISTAKE THERE...
    SHE WRITES ME A LONG LETTER DOENST EVEN TRY TO BE NICE,,,, MY OPION... FIRE ON SISTER AND BY THE WAY... HAVE FUN COLORING IN THOSE COLORBOOKS.... I WAS GOONA BUY MORE THINGS TO LOAD THE BOX UP.... NOT ANYMORE!

SO BE VERY CAREFUL.....

i WOULD AUCTUALLY ONLY ORDER ANYTHING FROM OUR DEAR SWEET FRIEND... WHO....
    YEP! EBAYS OWN FLOWERSFORME123 UNDER BULBS IS THE BEST...

OH MARIA HAD SOME DEALS THIS WEEK TO0.. SOMEONE VERY SWEET SNAGGED THEM UP!

CANNA, ILL SEND YOU MONEY... CAN I PAYPAL NOW? CANT BELEIVE THAT! i AGGREE WITH pAUL THO..... COMPLETELY!

HAVE TO GO FIND A BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG BOX! GRIN

• raggedyann161420
    18 years ago

I recieved the the gift that I have been waiting for, and I hope it will make my partner feel warm and loved. I will mail the December package on way home from work in the morning, and oh yea, it will be flying West. I will post the confirmation number when I get home.

Mary,as far as I'm concered, one can never have too many hosta, iris or daylilies.

Canna, I hope they catch the *&%%/ that stole from you.

Jean, what are the names of the daylily in the picture?

Another snow storm is heading our way, and they are saying 1-2 inches.

I am so ready for spring!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    {{gwi:26777}}

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Hi, All, I finally got it across to my daughter that I want daylilies for christmas. I don't want her to spend a lot, so what is a good site I can send her to buy me some, I want older ones, except I would like one with gold braiding can anyone recommend a good site to send her to? Looks like everyone is getting great boxes. boxes from this group are always so special.My dh brought home a cute little green creature he found in the houseplant delivery at lowes. it is the f word. I told him to take it back, I couldn't keep the last one he brought me alive, and I didn't think I could mail it to Gloria. so he took it to a girl he works with that wanted him. hope everyone is eating a lot of cookies. happy hollidays carol

• mareas
    18 years ago

Carol - Send me your wishlist - I know a safe seller who has quite a few goodies for sale.

I hadn't looked at any other thread on GW for what must be many months until Cody mon got me looking for the whats up dolly thread - and then I stumbled upon whats up dolly the heme queen herself on her webpage! LOL! Anyhow, as a result I actually tried posting a want ad for Anise Hyssop & none other than our beloved friend MaryB has a jungle of it & found me asking! Guess I'd better find some time to look at ya'lls trade lists. But I'm glad I did post as I met a new canna friend & found a friendly shrub propagator to trade with, too - wonderful Christmas presents!
    Dear Jo sent me an email heads up about Peat's new blue daylily - glad she warned me about the price,too! $300. I will wait. I scored Finding Blue for $65 incl. postage, which was a steal then it seems.
    I found a great eBay seller for paperwhite bulbs - ..123 - that I had sent to my best buddy, who moved to San Diego Marina paradise, She lives on a big ol' boat and her tomato is just blooming in away in it's pot on the deck. *sigh*
    [warm salty breezes, clear bright blue ocean and sky, a nearly inperceptable wafting of the ripples of water in the tide that the boat gently sways in...] It's her dream come true after living here in the ice & fog last Winter.
    May all your dreams come true in the new Year, too!
    Carol, I must say that THAT is my idea of a good Christmas up your way - f's & a loving family & cookies. Merry Christmas, you lucky loved lady. *grin*
    And to all of you - maybe your sweet sleeping heads be filled with visions of dancing [Stamile's] Candies and delight during this Christmas Season..

Here's a photo I just came across of our beloved Miss Julie that seems just exactly like a Christmas Spirit post:

{{gwi:1319604}}

• cannahavana
    18 years ago

Morning all!

What a neat picture of Julie! Whoa horsey!

Paul, here is the plumeria tip. Is it an inflo? I have been watching this since bringing it in. I thought orchids were tough to wait on but wow this is all the plummie has done in 6 weeks!

Gloria, could my missing brake be in your stock room? LOL! For some reason, I am waiting for it to mysteriously reappear on my deck.

I forgot to tell you guys that I also came home to a dead fish in my pond and a snail missing it's contents in my tank. Someone forgot to feed my cichlid over the weekend and he must have gotten real hungry. The children and I had a moment of silence by the tank for Larry.

Today will be better, the sunrise was spectacular.

• cannahavana
    18 years ago
  • dirtpig
    18 years ago

Annie the daylilies are starting on the left and working right Nicholas Leigh.,Little Wine Cup and Swanky Dame.

It's snowing...I love snow for christmas..but its suppost to snow for two days...LOL..

Come on Ladies...we all want to know what you all got in those boxs..Your partners packed it with love..so come and tells us what you got :-)

I think I posted this one befor..but here it is again.