SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blondelle_gw

Weird Things Growing On Tomato Stem...

blondelle
15 years ago

These things freaked me out, but I looked it up on the net and it might be roots. They don't scrape off like eggs. First it looked like pimples, but some stems have 1/2" long projections growing close together on most of the stem. I'm growing what are supposedly Tumblers, but they are about 4 ft. tall and still getting taller, so I don't know what the heck they sent me as it's supposed to be a smaller, compact plant. I called Containerseeds.com to complain, and ordered Red Robin, but they took my money again and never sent the seeds. Some of the plants from this planting are still quite small but these are giants, much too large for indoors, but I have them staked. Strange from the same batch planted at the same time they would be so different.

Why would a tomato plant grew roots on their stems? Anyway I can put this to use? The plants look wilty, and I have 4 plants tied around a stake in a 12" pot.

Anyone else have a problem with Containerseeds.com? They seemed so nice when I spoke to them but there's no honesty there, and others have had similar problems with them.

Comments (2)