SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dangould_gw

Wanted Cuttings from Tom plant that grew a big one

dangould
16 years ago

Wanted Cuttings from Tomato plant that grew a big one.

I want to try to grow a big tomato. Instead of seeds I am thinking that it would be great if I could obtain a cutting off a tomato plant that grew a big one. Or at least some seeds from a big tomato. Although all the seeds off the same plant are just as good as from the big tomato.

Actually plants from the seeds will be slightly different from the original plant. It is much better to save the original plant. That way we know we have good genetics.

But I am thinking why allow the plant to die a death. Why not keep it alive as a cutting and try to grow that the next year.

What do people think. Is anyone doing this now? Does anyone know how I might find a cutting.

my email should be available if you look for it.

Now is the time to save those tomato plants. I need to find someone now who has a big tomato growing on a plant so he or she does not let that plant die but can save a few cuttings for the future.

For big I would define anything in the 2 pound area for a plant that was grown as a regular tomato with other tomatoes on the plant. Someone here on GW must have a two pounder coming along. Lets save the plant this fall winter and see what happens next year.

Comments (13)