SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa11310

help spiders everywhere

lisa11310
17 years ago

Hi all, my first time here. I have a problem. I am scared to death of spiders. I now live in the woods in West Michigan. Our house is in the side of a hill. You enter the house at road level and can go down stairs and walk out the slider door at the other end to ground level. Our "basement" is partially finished as a bedroom/office. This time of year and again in the fall I get these big brown spiders. I thought they were Wolf spiders, look similar, but are not aggressive like the Wolf spiders I found in Colorado. About the same size and shape, have 2 off white stripes down their backs. I find them usually at night, usually on the floor but have found them behind pictures on the wall etc. I killed 8 of them tonight in the course of about 15 minutes.I have been finding 2 or 3 every night for a week now. I don't know that I can sleep in my bedroom any more. I have sprayed all over with Ortho Home Defence, but they just keep comming. I don't like killing things, I am an avid birdwatcher and nature lover, but these things terrify me. I am having nightmares. Can somebody give me an idea of what they might be, if they are dangerous and if I must have a nest of them in my house? I never find them upstairs. Is there suck a thing as a humane spider "trap" that I could release them back out in the woods. Of course not now that I have sprayed, but in the future. I am looking on the forum under spider id but wanted to post this first, hope someone can help me know what they are and possibly get over my fear so in the future they wont have to die.

Thanks!

Comments (10)