SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gr8daygw

Spider webs everywhere, losing battle

gr8daygw
11 years ago

Because we live in the South and we had such a mild winter I have to tell you the insects are the worst I have ever seen them. I have spider webs in my blinds and on my windows inside and outside of the windows, it's driving me crazy. I hate that sticky web they are spinning. I clean and keep a good house but this is something new. I also have those Argentine ants that are tiny and get on everything. Last night they were by my dog food container and I just freaked. I absolutely hate those things. They are so hard to get rid of.

I have to ask you, is it true that if you put out cornstarch it will get rid of those pesky aunts? I spent a lot of the day today cleaning up all of this and then spraying with nasty chemicals to get rid of them. I hate bugs. How do you all cope with it and do you find them worse this year? What are some tried and true methods for getting rid of them? I dumped about a cup of cornstarch all over the counter and it didn't seem like it really worked. Have you ever tried it? Thanks!

Comments (23)