SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kwmama_gw

Questions about termites

KWMama
10 years ago

So we live in key west, Fl it is know for it's many tropical insects, one thing that bothers me is that we have a huge balcony door and whenever I turn the light on all kinds of bugs get attracted to the light, a couple of days ago what looked like a swarm of mating termites decided to hang around our balcony, luckily I had the whole floor and doors sprayed with Hot Shot 9 month prevention insecticide,minutes after the termites arrived I noticed they were lying on the balcony floor, wings shed but they're still so I figured they're dead, I made sure the doors are closed tightly and I turned off the light, the next morning I decided to sweep the floor and I did I got all the wings and dead termites, then I mopped the inside of the house, a day after that I noticed 2 or 3 wings on the floor on the inside of the balcony door, now I don't know much about termites but these are my questions :
1) can one or two termites infest a house solely?
2) if it's true what's the damage I'm looking at?
3) could it be that wings from outside got stuck in our shoes or clothes then went in the house with us?
4) ac is always on and it's not humid inside, will termites survive on dry wood?
5)how can I tell or make sure there's termites inside? What to look for and where to look?
6) if so, will they reproduce? And if they do will I be having ant problems in my house what I mean is do termites have smaller crawlers like a queen ant and her soldiers? Or do they stay hidden? (I hate bugs especially ants, I have a baby and they seem to like her formula!!)
7) if I find out its termites inside what are my options?
8) if this is not the right place to post I'm sorry I don't know I joined just to post this and I need your help any advice you can give me would be gold!

This post was edited by KWMama on Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 7:42

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH