SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jimsocal

Is there a step by step guide?

jimsocal
14 years ago

Is there a book or net page that gives a really good step-by-step guide for growing tomatoes in pots on a balcony?

I am overwhelmed by the amount of info and a lot of it I don't even understand.

Funny, the first year we grew tomatoes on our balcony they came out Amazing - no problems, and some of the best tasting we've ever had! We thought "Man! This is EASY! Why weren't we doing this all along!?"

But the next two years including this year, we had nothing but problems. Last year, we had white flies, tried everything except poison (we're into organic!) and could not get rid of them and they ruined all our (4)plants.

This year we have BER. We used the same pots, same type of soil (I think), and same watering but we have this BER which is ruining our plants and now one of the plants has white flies too! (Where the HdoubleLL to these dang white flies come from? How do they find out plants in the middle of this big city?!)

So now I have come to the conclusion that if we plant again next year, we need to learn what to do and do it all correct and try to insure we do not have these problems! So we need a good guide book or step-by-step instructions...

Any recommended web pages or guides that are succinct, not just tons of info all scattered everywhere to overwhelm us, would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Comments (2)