SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jen__jf

Any long time posters (Dale, Jo, Lynda, etc) still around?

jen_
17 years ago

Hey guys-- Notice I didn't say "old" time but "long" time! Life has been crazy as some of you know. (Thanks again Dale for your supportive advice.) Things have turned out really well! My whole family spent the summer together camping. My husband took an early retirement and was able to work in the campground with me! My daughter is now old enough that she also worked in the campground. We had a good time and it was really nice for the family! Sometimes I felt we were a little cramped for space but then again we spent just about all of our time outside so it wasn't so bad!

Did a lot of boating, swimming, paddling, hiking, etc. Since our whole family was there this summer we brought all three dogs! Now that was fun! So fun I'll never do it again! Two dogs slept in the pop up and one dog out in the tent with the girls! By the end of the summer my big baby of a dog discovered he liked sleeping in my bed! So, in addition to my snoring husband I had a huge snoring dog in my bed also! He never goes in my bed at home and I didn't have the heart to kick him out! He gets away with it in a tent because he just sneaks up on the end of my sleeping bag! The nice thing about having the dogs was that every morning I started the day with a 2 mile walk/hike through paths and a logging road. It was great exercise for all of us and left the dogs nice and mellowed out for the day!

So, how is everybody doing? Dale, have you done any great fishing? Jo, any great hikes? Lynda, how was your summer camping home? Anybody else? I know I read Rusty's post and some others earlier so I'm not forgetting him, brian, or tp!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus