SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chickadeemelrose

Trees from Arbor Day Foundation

chickadeemelrose
14 years ago

I just thought I'd pass on something I found out about this week - that if you join the Arbor Day Foundation ($10)you are eligible to receive or give away 10 trees, and there is a "wild bird garden" set of trees you can choose, trees that will eventually provide fruit, cover, seeds etc. Among them are red oak, hemlock, a viburnum, a hawthorn, a gray dogwood, a river birch, etc. The trees are very small of course, but you can choose to have them shipped bareroot or potted, and they ship them at the best planting time.

The other trees and shrubs they have for sale are quite reasonable. I ordered a serviceberry tree.

I thought I'd pass this along in case there are others who are trying to put together a promising "bird habitat" with new plantings, which can be expensive. If you don't mind waiting for a time for these trees to grow, this might be a good choice for you.

Hope this is helpful to someone! Supporting the Arbor Day Foundation is, I would think, a "win-win" proposal, in supporting and improving on our habitats and making things better for everyone.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES