SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brianh_va

Camping Trip

brianh_va
17 years ago

Well, I'm off to a slow start this year, but a few weeks ago I took a trip down Virginia 340 to Waynesboro where I had a great lunch at the Purple Foot restaurant, then headed down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Willville motorcycle campground at Meadows of Dan, about a mile and a half off the Parkway. In town, I picked up a can of Dinty Moore beef stew and a bottle of wine. Walked out of the grocery store and saw a local artist, DorNel Pratt singing folk and bluegrass music across the street, so I stayed about an hour and bought two of her albums before heading into the campground just in time to put up the tent and eat in the last light of the day. Then everyone (about 40 or so) gathered around a campfire to share stories and tips about equipment. Went to bed about 30 feet from a gurgling creek. The campground serves sausage biscuits and coffee in the morning, after which I headed back, having lunch at one of the Parkway's concession restaurants.

Just one of those trips where everything falls into place perfectly. And I'm getting to love the Goldwing, although I sometimes still miss the R100T and ST1300.

Comment (1)

Sponsored