SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mozy1

Rescue me from bad camp stove coffee!!

mozy1
18 years ago

OK, I just cannot get the hang of making good coffee when I camp. And I NEED coffee.

How do you make your coffee? Tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I use my Coleman 2 burner stove, and a regular blue metal coffee pot with the filter basket inside. Fill it with water, put in the appropriate amount of coffee in the basket, and turn on the stove. From there I don't know what to do next!!!

Do I wait till it boils and turn it down? Do I just boil it till it's done? How long is that? How can I stop the coffee from bubbling over the filter and getting into the water to make it crunchy? I don't mind the crunch actually, but it drives my husband crazy!

We like stronger coffee, and prefer the robust French Roast blend from Starbucks. Strong yes, mud no. It seems that no matter what I've tried (different amounts of coffee, different times of perking, different brands of coffee) I end up with bitter coffee.

Is there a better way? Or should I just do what my sister does when she camps, which is camp at sites with electricity and bring the Mr. Coffee maker (the only electric appliance she uses while camping!)

Thanks!

mozy

Comments (33)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery