SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tsfitzgerald

New to this Forum

mimom
17 years ago

Hi! We live in Michgan and upgraded to a "new" used travel trailer at the end of the summer last year. The previous owners were very helpful and nice and explained a bunch of stuff to my husband who doesn't remember anything they said.

We got the books and such for all of the appliances but it really doesn't explain much. I was wondering if there was anyone out there that would be willing to meet us at Cabela's in Dundee that could explain how to use it all, especially the gray and black water tanks.

We tent camp and have a pop-up but have never had to deal with a refrigerator/oven/air conditioner/water heater/gray & black tanks. I am not so concerned about the stove/oven as these would run off of gas and just need to be lit. I think that the books do a pretty good job on that. The fridge is a little scarier to me. I don't think it is the one that runs on car/electric/gas, I think it is just electric and gas. I have heard of many people running their gas while driving to keep the fridge going. Is that really ok???

My big concern is the water heater, I over heard the previous owner telling my husband something special about it, while I was trying to keep my children from climbing on absolutely everything. The other big concern is understanding how to use the gray and black tanks and emptying them the right way. I saw, what I think is a neat thing called a Flush King. It is supposed to backflush your tanks easily and keep them really clean without a mess.

I haven't had time to really go through the camper by myself with the instruction books. We didn't use it last year and had to get it into storage or loose the spot. I don't remember seeing any instructions on the "how-to" for the tanks and water heater. It is a 1991 Mallard Sprinter and we are very excited about getting out and using it soon! We have two young children and will be using the bathroom alot and want to do this right.

If anyone is interested and able to help us out we would be very grateful. Thanks.

Comments (2)

Sponsored