SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rustyj14

My health:

rustyj14
17 years ago

Well, all you salt eaters--here's what happened to me:

Last week, my wife and i stopped to visit friends, and whilst there, my left hand and arm got numb! Lasted about 30 minutes> Went home, was o.k. until next morning, it came back, not as bad. Wife called my Dr. who promptly told her to call the ambulance, which she did! they hauled me off to hospital, about 15 miles, all trussed up like a Christmas goose! got me in there, into emergency room, hooked me up to lots of cables, did a bunch of tests, got me a bed, and stuffed me into it!

WHOOSH!!

Next morning breakfast came! Now, you all have heard about hospital food? Good food there! All meals were great!

Any way, after a lot of tests, they decided i had experienced a TIA, which is a mini stroke, and a warning of maybe a bigger one later. The only thing missing from the food tray was salt, which appears to be the bug-a-boo which causes the problem!

So, i have joined the ranks of the "pill-poppers", which, if it will keep my heart from going "BLOOIE", i'll keep taking! I feel great now, have had no more episodes, and am looking forward to next summer camping! And, no salt, or very little of it. Wife, Ruth, is a good cook, so i'll be in good hands!

Now, if it ever warms up and the snow melts, i'll get back down to my garage and continue my exercise regimen--pulling lawn mower ropes, and pushing tractors around, combined with repairing the overhang on my motor home, which is about 3/4 done!

RJ

Comments (2)

Sponsored