SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crcst

3rd nesting?

crcst
15 years ago

I am so baffled.I had a 2nd nest of 4 eggs with one hatching when we left on vacation on July 3rd.Well we didn't get back until the 20th which should have been when they were ready to fledge,actually that day or possibly the day before.I went to check the box on Sunday afternoon when we got home and was shocked to see a Momma Blue fly out.So I backed away and figured they had not left yet.It has been raining hard here in Mass all week and the brook was overflowing so I could not get to the box until today.I started out there and saw a blue leave the box.I decided to check anyway to see if something was wrong.Well to my great surprise there is a beautiful neat nest and 4 perfect eggs.Now I have no idea what is going on.the nest is perfect ,nice and clean like a new one.I didn't clean it out so do they ever clean out a nest?It sure doesn't look used.This is really a new one for me.I will be home this weekend so I can watch closely,but it sure seems strange.I know the others had started to hatch when we were leaving that day.anyone have any ideas?Hope it's a 3rd nesting...Jane

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington