SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa11310

Found missing Mom : ( urgent action needed!!!

lisa11310
11 years ago

Am crying my eyes out. Mom is in the box dead. The babies sound to be ok for the moment but there are worms all over....I told DH I needed his assistance and went to gather what is needed for a nest change. While I did that an old friend of his came to call AAAACCCCKKKKK we NEVER get company! Now I will have to wait till he leaves. The babies do look fine at a glance I saw the dead mom, worms and babies eyes and quickly closed the box to get help. I have tweezers and soft brushes to get any parasites off them. Next will be to determine how Mom died. The babies are 12 days old and I dont think it's safe to do this by myself, I could have babies hopping everywhere. So I will just have to wait. Secondly Pop has a new Female and she is a BIT-H. She is running all the first brood babies off and has even tried to keep dad from feeding the babies in the box. Thank God Dad put his foot down! At least this Female has not found the other worm feeder the babies go to....I will update when the nest change is done. Please pray it goes well.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County