SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donnalovesblue

HELP!!! There is Something Wrong!

donnalovesblue
14 years ago

OK, I am very panicky. I posted two messages earlier and all was well. It looked as though the babies might fledge today (day 16), and one was even halfway out of the hole. I've been watching the box pretty much all morning only coming inside to well, post the other two messages and to answer a couple of phone calls. I've only been inside about 10 minutes at a time, but much longer observing the box. At noon, I resumed the watch, but didn't see any heads at the hole. Mom and Dad were chattering in the trees, and I saw Dad just once, go to the box as if to feed. After a very quick shower, I began again and still no faces in the hole.

There is no way they fledged, with Mom and Dad still around and no babies in tow. My stomach is in knots thinking something has gone wrong and I am just too chicken to check the box. I looked through the binocs and saw no feathers, babies or any disturbance near the pole. What could possibly be the problem with 16 day old chicks who were fine all morning and ready to fledge??? What should I do, if anything? This makes no sense! Many thanks.

Donna

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022