SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa11310

Fun stuff!! : )

lisa11310
11 years ago

The TRES I was concerned about fledged like little rockets on Wednesday, the nest was the typical TRES nest mess but it had not gotten wet. I had a good fight with myself to keep from checking on them a few days before fledging, the smart me won out over the worry wart me because the peeps were strong and the feedings regular. : )

The BB babies have been allowed to stay but only to come feed themselves and play in the birdbath. Bath day lessons were hysterical as they would plop into the water then just sit there not quite knowing what to do next. Mom had to show them quite a few times and (of course) the girls got it first. They have now taken on the BB "cussing" and attitude that it is THEIR feeder and are chasing other birds off. As of yesterday there were all 5 accounted for 2 girls and 3 boys. The new babies hatched on Wednesday so I said good by to a nest full and hello to a nest full that day. Actually at some point in the day I probably had 15 babies here.

Now for who else has found the worm feeder (besides the usual TUTIs, Nutters & Robins). I have a Catbird family, both parents are grabbing beaks full, no babies to the feeder yet but I know they are out of the nest, they have been fighting the Blues so yup now I have 3 feeders Hahahahaah. To my surprise I also have Orioles taking worms and have see their babies hopping around in the trees. Have quite a few pair of them this year, I'm going to need to order more worms! : ) Aw rats LOL

Comments (7)