SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cdm317

A Question about Fledgling Robins

cdm317
14 years ago

About a week ago, we found a Robin's nest outside our window in a Rhododendron Bush. All was fine until this morning when a couple of cars parked across the street from us and the dogs went nuts. The baby birds must have panicked and jumped from the nest. I know at least 2 made the leap. I saw one in the yard, but I was afraid to approach it to put it back into the nest. It can fly low to the ground, it seems to have lost all it's tufted feathers and I think the parents are close by because I could hear the Robin's alert call when I was approaching. So I am being careful about the letting the dogs out. They are being supervised when out.

Should I try to catch the baby I saw and put it back, or just hope for the best and be vigilant with the dogs. I was so upset by this because this is the first time I have ever had a bird's nest so close that I could see the babies. Being a city transplant to the suburbs, I have really enjoyed seeing the local birds and starting to learn about them. I feel like a total failure...

Thanks

Comments (4)