SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buck1173

ok - better bad picts

buck1173
16 years ago

in response to doof, btw thanks!, figured I'd plop this in a new thread and let the old one die...

ok, couple of picts & questions if anyone has the time....

1) this breaking of stems is happening everywhere, is there anything I can do about it once it happens? can the stem be 'healed'? maybe tying a piece of cloth around it and keeping it damp?

{{gwi:1378277}}

another example... this breaking is fairly rampant... I'd just snip it off but there are still plenty of too-early-to-pick fruits growing on the broken stem...

{{gwi:1378279}}

2) same for the fruit trusses... anything I can do about it?

{{gwi:1378281}}

3) the entire front section of the garden looks like this... sun damage?

{{gwi:1378283}}

4) the entire inside looks like this (along with more broken stems and general crashing around of plants)

{{gwi:1378285}}

5) this looked like septoria weeks ago, but after the mancozeb, it morphed into what now looks like bacterial speck... so I'm going to treat for that, figuring alternating between a neem/seaweed spray and cornmeal tea.... any better organic advice is very welcomed!!!!!

{{gwi:1378287}}

6) aside from a few baby hornworms and the occasional leaf miner, only the outer plants are loaded with these guys... hopefully neem is a good solution?

{{gwi:1378289}}

7) finally, is this normal? its the stem of my yellow pear, every stem is coverd in these bumps

{{gwi:1378291}}

thank you all! hopefully this is a fun and good learning post, sorry my picts before made my garden look a bit more rosey than it actually is...

if you want to see more, I put up about 40 more picts here, some more death & decay and falling plants:

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/buck1173/tomato%20garden%20disaster/

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments (6)