SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lolear

tomato leaf curl?

lolear
13 years ago

First, I apologize, I do not have a pic at the moment to post. Please bear with me.

I'm seeing one of my tomato plants in containers with a very curly leaf. Branches seem droopy as well. I first attributed this to having dried out somewhat. We've had a hotter than normal summer with record temps (weeks of 90* temps) and intermittant thunderstorms. The plant is in a 10 gal bucket with Al's mix and some additional fert. As far as I know no herbicide has been sprayed in the neighborhood... The tomato variety that is affected is Valencia. It is my only one of this variety. Is this an issue of not being resistant...?

However yesterday I noticed what looks like a whitish coating on the leaves, yet it can not be scraped off as with powdery mildew.

This a.m. I noticed other tomato plants with this whitish tiny dots on the leaves. They are not showing the leaf curl as yet. Plants in containers seem to be much more affected than plant in ground. Is this a virus that will spread to every plant? What can I do to control it?

Any help is appreciated!

Will post pics tonight!

Thanks,

Laura

Comments (7)